Chapter Two - HELL to the NO!

A few days after their meeting, Danny and Dougie were waiting for the girls in Carnaby street.That’s how they attended to something really fearsome : Brook’s anger.

The girls arrived late, and Brook was shouting at Hannah.

- Why did you take this survey? We didn’t have the time!

- But people are dying all around the world and if we do nothing for them...

- Answer to some stupid questions won’t help them! You’re too naive, Hannah! Stop believing these jerks!

- But...

- No “but”! That’s nonsense because I won’t discuss anymore! And stop crying, you’re ridiculous! Go wash your tears and come back when you’d be presentable!

Dougie, worried: Is she okay?

Brook: Of course she is! She’s always okay even when she’s not!

Danny: But... Didn’t you go too far with her? I mean, you were really scarying...

Brook: We stopped during 20 minutes to answer to an unknown girl who was talking about child diseases in Alaska.

Dougie: That’s a good cause, isn’t it ?

Brook: It is! But... I mean, she always do that! She CAN’T say ’no’ and she doesn’t even notice when people poke fun at her for this! She HAS to learn to say NO ! I won’t be able to take care of her all my life. That’s why I’ll be grateful to the one who could teach this to her...

Danny and Dougie, who were both interested in what Brook could think about them – for “some reasons” – replied together: We can do it!

That’s why they decided to invite Hannah, the day after. 

She hardly had the the time to take off her jacket that Dougie and Danny were asking her loads of questions:

Dougie: Hannah! Can you lend me your Punk CD’s ?

Hannah: Y-Yeah, why not!

Danny: No! He could break them!

Hannah: Oh no, he wouldn’t!

Danny, looking stonily at him: My CD’s of Bruce Springsteen remember of you, Dougster ! 

Dougie pouted and jumped on the sofa, putting the TV on.

Danny, carrying back his attention over Hannah: Let’s try something more...natural! Can I see your boobs?

- HELL NO! She yelled.

- Alright! He overcrowed, You said it!

Hannah frowns.

Danny: Okay, here’s an other one: Would you like to go out with...*he looked around him*

Hannah, who understood a bit more what he’s been trying : Why not you ? 

Danny: Haha, that’s kind of you, babe. But you’re supposed to say 'no', and not being blissful! *He paused* Ah Juddy, good timing!

Hannah’s POV

Harry came towards us.

Danny: So Hannah, would you go out with him ?

I was totally paralized. What did I have to answer? Yeah, I had to say ‘no’ like Danny wanted me to do so, but Harry was looking at me and I felt like no sound could comes out of my mouth. I didn’t want to hurt him. In a way, if he is suffering, so am I...Sorry Danny, but my mom always told me to tell the truth!

Hannah: Well, I... Yeah...

Harry looked straight to me, stunned. I’m pretty sure he was blushing but he turned back to Dougie before I could check it again, muttering something like “Does she know about the ‘say-no’ stuff?”. Is everybody aware of Danny’s silly games or is it just me?!

Danny broke out this silence with an horsey laugh. We all fixed him, without any understanding.

Danny, still laughing: Sorry it’s just... God, Hannah, you were expected to say NO! How could you hesitate with such a thing?!

Harry, upset : Hey! Why the fact she wants to go out with me sounds ridiculous?!

Danny : ‘Cause you’re definitely less handsome than me!

Harry : Is that so ? Okay Jones; you want her to say no ? Alright; Hannah, would you like to kiss Danny ?

Hannah: THIS will never happen!

Danny: Hum... It sounds like “this will never happen because Danny is too hot to be true”, right?

Harry: Not really... *He looked at her* Or maybe it is ? he added, with a pinch of seriousness in his voice.

Hannah: No, it’s not. She clearly said, looking tensely into his eyes.

They both looked at each other until Dougie, who was always lying on the sofa, decided to give his point of view...

- It sounded more like: “This will never happen because Danny is a BIG DUMBASS!” he cried, miming Hannah’s voice.

Harry, Hannah and Dougie laughed out loud while Danny was trying to catch the last one to take some revenge. Concerning Hannah and Harry, they suddenly had stopped laughing when they’d started staring at each other right in the eyes. Then, a shy smile illuminated Hannah’s face while Harry was looking at her with a side glance. None of them realised they became closer and closer. But as the distance was reducing, their hearts were getting carried away.

Tom: Get a room, you two!

They both moved back; Harry has a little tense laughter whereas Hannah’s face turned out of red.

Harry’s POV

I tried to catch her look to know if what happened – or “what should have happened if Mr. Fucking Fletcher didn’t interrupting us” instead – was important or just a mistake caused by Danny’s shitty plans. She blushed when I managed to look into her eyes – good point! – but she excused herself and left with hurry, tears in the eyes – That’s definitely a bad, BAD point!!!

I took a deep, long breath.

- Fletcher... *he paused, taking another breath not to hit him* Did you know that I can see the future?

- Can you? Inquired Tom, always interested by all supernatural stuffs.

- Yeah. Your head will be sore.

- Hm... Are you sure? I don’t feel any...

Harry interrupted him, hitting the back of his head like he never did before.

- AHHHHHHHH! ARE YOU NUTS? THAT HURTS! He spelled, as slowly as loud, while he was holding his head in his hands. I’m pretty sure I’m bleeding!

- Too bad, I’ll be forced to kill you not to spread this little snag, Harry answered sarcastically.

Danny: Just deal with it, Tom; you’re not welcome when Harry is hunting some...prey!

Dougie: What does animals have to do with it ?

Danny: You’ll understand later...At the moment, just stay our innocent little Doggie!

Dougie: Don’t call me that way