Chapter 2.

Continued...

Ariana and I walked into the back door of the abandoned warehouse. We made our way down a long hall and stopped at the double doors. I nodded and smiled at some of the body guards that stood blocking Chris's doorway.

"Whats up Ariana?" Tony smiled and winked. "Not you, Tony the tiger." Ariana scoffed. I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I turned the door knob and walked into Chris's office. As I closed the door I could hear Ariana and Tony arguing. I chuckled.

"What's so funny ma?" Chris looked up at me. He was counting bands. "Them two hooligans. They need to stop frontin' and just fuck already." Chris smiled and nodded. "I agree." He licked his lips and stared me down. I instantly started to feel hot and nervous. I cleared my throat and sat down in front of his desk.
"

Soooo what's up?" I asked as I crossed my long smooth legs. He smirked and stared me down again. He was starting to make me really uncomfortable. This definitely wasn't like him. He was known for fucking with a lot of thots, and I really didn't have time for all that nonsense.

"Look, you and I have known each other for a long time."

"Yeah, too long." I chuckled.

"And I think its time that you start doing something else."

"Like...?" I said confused at what he was getting at.

"Like school, or a career. You always talked about starting your own business."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing right now. Was this ass hole firing me.

"Wait...are you firing me Christopher!?" I yelled.

"Nah, nah. I just think you need to soar ma. Make your dreams come true, ya know?"

"Nigga what the fuck. This ain't Disneyland. This is mother fucking reality, and the reality is that I bring a lot of bread into this place Chris. If it wasn't for my daddy you wou-"

"Nah Izzy. Lets not go the fuck there. I understand what you have brought to the table, but honestly you need to get the fuck out. We always talked about this. You promised you wasn't gon make a career outta this. Remember. That's what you said. "

"I know what I said Chris." I shook my head and sighed. "It's just...I've basically known this my whole life. This is me. This is what I love to do. I don't know anything else."

"I understand what you saying...but this wont be a forever thing. You know this type of business ain't legit. You gotta get out while you still have the chance. Shit could get real ugly." He went on. Everything he was saying was true, but I also know him all too well. He's not telling me something.

"What's this really about?" I leaned back more  into the black leather chair and uncrossed my legs. "You're not telling me something. And you know if you ain't gon tell me. I'll find out by somebody else, and if your going to go that route then your loyalty was never true."

Chris stared at me. He didn't even blink an eye. What I said might've pissed him off. I know Chris is loyal, but sometimes I gotta push buttons to get what I want. And I know exactly how to push his buttons.
I crossed my arms waiting for him to respond.

He sighed. "Aight look. Some shit happened last night. And because of that. Everybody gotta lay low for awhile. We don't need-" He stopped. It looked like he was in deep thought. Like he was trying to figure out the right words. Real talk this shit was real aggravating. I know for a fact, for whatever he was about to say I wasn't going to like.

"Look Izzy...you promise you won't go off on some rant or some revenge type shit aight. I ain't playing. You gotta promise me now."

"What the fuck is going on Chris!"

"Your brother Phifty is back." He said quickly. As soon as those words hit his lips. I could feel my blood boil and rage enter deep into my soul. After 15 years this mother fucker decided he was just gonna come back and say not a word.
He abandoned me when our parents were murdered. He just packed up his shit and left. Leaving me to take care of myself. But thank God for Chris. He kept me under his wing and put a roof over my head. I can't believe this shit. I'm fucking furious.

"Where is he?" I asked, calmly. I tried my hardest to keep my composure

"I can't tell you that". Chris said softly but firmly.

I sighed. "Why are you making this difficult. He's my brother Chris. I actually have a right to know."

"Izabelle."

"Aaaarrrgggghhhh." I jumped out of my seat in frustration. I started to pace the floor. Chris was always trying to protect me. And don't get me wrong, I love him for that. But sometimes a bitch needs to be independent. I stopped pacing and walked up to his desk. "Okay look. I'm not 7 years old anymore. I'm a grown ass woman who knows how to conduct herself. I promise. I'm not going to do anything reckless." I lied with a half ass smile. Chris looked at me with thought in his face. I knew I was going to get what I want. I always do.

"He's with Jasmine." Before I knew it I had stormed out of the office, leaving Chris looking baffled as fuck.