TEN

"Hmmm... Okay, since you have made up your mind about this Mr McIntyre, three weeks of final trial in settlement didn't work either, I think we should truly carry on with the divorce proceedings." The qualified bar lawyer, Christopher Maurice declared as he brought forth the divorce papers under both Nicolas and Taymor's names.

The young couple's marriage finally went left, the older man amongst the two had already thought deep and long about his decision, ignoring the younger one's counters. Their registered union was now valid enough to be terminated by the law. Both seated in the well-furnished and conducive office, before their family lawyer. Occasionally, giving each other quick glances. Reason to this sudden change is— are; Nicolas' constant/usual problems of insecurities, lack of trust, belittling treatment, rudeness, nagging to mention a few.

These past few months into their relationship has been bittersweet, mostly bitter. Taymor lost his peace of mind in the middle of it all and got tired of his I will change phrases.

"T-Taymor, I b-beg of you please, don't end us this way. I'll change I swear to you, I will." Nicolas sobbed quietly, looking into the eyes of the man that once loved him. Taymor merely smiled fondly at his usual choice of words.

"I'll change, I'll change, you'll change all the motherfucking time yet you turn worse. I figured you need this divorce more than I do so you won't end up in jail for murdering your very own husband out of jealousy and spite! I'm over you and this marriage, simple." He said in a tone of finality.

Nicolas felt his heart drop to the bottom of his stomach causing him to clench onto the arms of the spinning chair he sat on.

"W-What about our baby, Tay." He stuttered. "The baby you promise to care for and love through everything. As well as a family, what happens to all of that now?"

"The baby will be fine Nick. I vividly remember all the promises I made to it not you, so after you give birth I'll come for the child, failure to give it to me, I'll see you in court. We've hit— smashed rock bottom, accept it! End of discussion." Taymor spoke nonchalantly, his stare was straight and glaring directly at nothing in particular, barely sparing his soon-to-be ex-husband a glance.

The younger male's mood swung instantly at the words of the latter.

"Cool, fine, fuck you then but bare this in mind, there is no way I'll watch you take my child away from me. You wanna hoe around, right? End your marriage over flimsy excuses. Go ahead, knock yourself out but this child is mine so it stays with me, period!" Nicolas spat in fury, feeling every part of his body vibrate with anger.

"You lie, Nicolas Santana. I'll repeat it again, you fucking lie." Taymor's hand harshly banged against the table making the middle-aged lawyer jump a bit.

The back and forth exchange of words between the couple made the air-conditioned room quite heated.

After a while, their vulgar conversation subsided.

"So," Christopher breathed, "Who goes first?!"

With those words said Nicolas suddenly bursted into tears, hysterically crying his already swollen eyes out. Taymor rolled his eyes at him before motioning the paper and pen towards himself, he gave Nick, who had a hand over his mouth to control his whimpers, shaking his head frantically and whispering 'No, please don't', all these didn't seem to phase his husband, as he scribbled down his cursive signature on the right part of the paper, internally gyrating about his freedom.

"Here. I finally unlocked my shackles!" He exclaimed and passed the paper over to a whimpering Nicolas.

"No! No! I won't just let you or anyone else for that matter, ruin or put an end to our marriage. I love you too much to let that happen. Never!" He shouted at the top of his voice when he stood up with the papers in his hands, ripping them into shreds, the two other men watched in amazement.