Chapter Four

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Applejack groaned as the beeping got louder the more she tucked her head under the duvet. True, she was still in her uniform from last night, which she had only been wearing on a Sunday because the EEA (Equestria Education Association) had been taking a look around the school, but she still needed a wash, some deodorant, and a chance to triple check her books. As per usual, Twilight was way ahead. She had actually been bothered to change last night and now her pajamas were all folded neatly on her pillow, which was the top bunk of hers and Fluttershys bed. Her jet black satchel school bag was on the floor, as was Twilight herself, as the girl packed away all her books.

Fluttershy had just emerged from the bathroom with a towel wrapped round her body. She didn't mind being naked in front of her friends, they'd all seen it all plenty of times. She dropped the towel slightly so that it dangled on her waist as she grabbed her bra. Applejack sighed and sat up, knowing that she too should get ready. She marched into the bathroom for a quick wash before reputting on all of her clothes. She brushed down the lengths of her thick, silky blonde hair and tied it back in its usual low ponytail. As she came out, it would seem that both her other friends had also neglected to change their style choices from the day before.

"Come on guys, CLL in ten minutes. We need to get down to the canteen now!" Twilight hurried them out the door, locking it behind them as they all clutched their bags. Fluttershys was a shiny midnight blue rucksack with tassels and a drawstring close. Applejacks was the same except more country and western themed, And was brown. The only bags they were allowed were satchels, shoulder bags, or rucksacks in the plain colours of black, brown, beige, or dark blue. The most colour they were allowed to emit were that of the students house.

As they settled down with their breakfast, which was scrambled egg on toast for Twilight, a fruit salad for Fluttershy, and a sausage and bacon bap for Applejack, the trio began to discuss their hopes for the days lessons. That was, until Starlight Glimmer and Trixie Lulamoon walked up to their table with their trays.

Starlight Glimmer smiled sweetly before saying: "Sorry girls, but their are no free tables left. Scootch." Twilight glared at her. "No, we were here first. If you wanted a decent seat then you should have been up earlier." Trixie rolled her eyes. "Just 'cause we're not eggheads like you," she hissed, using one of Rainbow Blitz's common words. The trio groaned, knowing exactly where it came from. "And besides, if old redneck here decides to eat any more then the canteen will have to expand." Starlight teased.

Applejack looked down on herself with tears in her eyes. Chunky... Fat... Ugly... Waste of space... Looser... She stood up with her tray and dumped it in the nearest bin by the dorm, making her own way to form. Twilight and Fluttershy sighed, following her out. Starlight and Trixie grinned at each other, quite content that they had won and stole the seats of the girls before them. What they didn't know, however, was that three teenage boys had heard every word and watched it all go down. Heard. Every. Word.