I'm Sorry

Stacy went home around 1:00 because she had family errands to run. I hugged her when she had to go and then ran back upstairs to call Jack. I had to tell him. The stress of doing it was eating me alive. I had to get it over with.

His phone rang once. Twice. Three times. It felt like forever, when it finally went to voicemail. I decided to leave a message. This is what I said... 

Hey, Jack. I have an answer. I really need to talk to you. Call me back when you get this. Thanks.

I hung up the phone and went downstairs. My mom was napping on the couch so I went into the kitchen and made a snack. Chips and salsa. Yum. 

I brought my snack back upstairs and checked my phone. I had two missed calls from Jack, and one from Ayla. I would call her back later. I had to talk to Jack. I clicked on his contact and called him. 

"Hey, Olivia. You said you had an answer for me. Is that true?" I could feel my throat start to tighten up. 

"Yes, I have an answer. I'm sorry, Jack, but I can't go out with you." Silence. I waited for him to reply, but when he didn't, I continued talking. "We can still be friends. Good friends, I hope, but I'm not interested in you in that way. I'm sorry." I ended the sentence and waited a few seconds. 

"Did Finn ask you out already?" Jack asked me. I could barely hear what he said, but it was just loud enough so that I did.

"Um, why do you ask?" I didn't know what to say. Finn told me not to involve him, but what was I supposed to do if Jack brought him up?

"I ask because Finn always gets the girls. I saw the way he was looking at you, and he gave us all your number, so I knew that he had it. I just wasn't sure if he had made a move yet. I was hoping I would beat him to it, but I guess I was too late." I could hear him struggling for words. I felt terrible. 

"Jack, I'm sorry. Finn did ask me. He called me just minutes before you texted me... I said yes. I feel terrible." I croaked out. I didn't know Jack very well, but I was on the verge of tears. 

"Don't apologize. It's not your fault." Jack suddenly hung up. I threw my phone on the bed. Was he blaming Finn? He couldn't blame Finn. It wasn't his fault. I'm just more interested in him, that's all. I never meant to hurt Jack. I never meant to hurt anyone, but I had fucked things up and I had only known the band for less than a week. 

I felt my phone buzz and saw that Ayla was calling me. I answered the phone. 

"Hey, Olivia? Is this you?" I tried to calm myself down. I didn't want her to know that I was crying. 

"Yeah, this is me. This is Ayla right?" I wanted to make sure. 

"Yup. I just wanted to call to give you some advice." I pressed the phone harder against my ear. What did she have to tell me?

"What is it?" I asked, my interest peaked. 

"Well, I just wanted to tell you, don't go out with any of the guys. They're super tight, and a pretty girl like you is bound to be asked out by any one of them. Even if you like them, you have to say no. Okay? Trust me, I know." My stomach felt like it was shrinking up inside me. My heart had suddenly leapt up into my throat and I couldn't breath. Ayla was too late. She had tried to stop something like what had happened this morning from happening. 

"Ayla, I already may have said yes to going on a date with Finn..." I whispered through the phone. A part of me had hoped that she hadn't heard me, but she had. 

"What?! Olivia! You've only known us for a few days!" She seemed somehow... happy?

"Ayla, why do you seem excited?" I was curious as to why she seemed happy about this situation.

"Well, Finn needs someone like you. He's only been with one other girl, and she wasn't good to him. I think you'll be good to him. Just, don't tell anyone else, okay?" 

"I kinda already told Jack... I'm sorry. I didn't know it would be this bad." Ayla didn't say anything. "Ayla? Are you there?" 

"Olivia... you told Jack?" She seemed scared now. 

"Yeah, why? What is he gonna do?" I don't know why, but I knew something bad was coming. 

"Olivia, Jack and Finn have fought over a girl before. It wasn't pretty. Finn doesn't give up, and Jack can get a little violent. We need to make sure this is under control before someone gets hurt." Ayla sounded serious. I was in some deep shit. 

A/N 

OOOOOOOOOO TEAAAAAAA SOMEONE'S ABOUT TO GET THEIR FACE BROKENNNN