Chapter One

I hate school. I hate school so much.

I had just walked out of my last class of the day, math and started to head out of the school when I heard my name being called.

"Adalyn!" Michael called out to me from down the hall. I stopped and waited for him to catch up to me.

"Hi Mikey." I greeted him.

"How was your math test?"

"How do you think it went?" Michael and I have been best friends ever since we met at the park by our houses when I was 5 and he was 6. Another boy of the age of 6 was teasing me when Michael came to the rescue. We've stuck by each other ever since. We know each other better than we know ourselves, so he knows how much I hate math.

"Was it that bad?"

"Yes it was awful! Why do we even need to learn math? When is it gonna be useful in life?"

"Maybe you should actually study." That's the thing. I hate school and I get poor grades. But I don't actually try to get good grades. Maybe if I actually studied it would be easier.

"Hey, can you help me dye my hair?" Michael asked me as he turned around and started to walk backwards so he can face me. Michael dyes his hair a lot. And by a lot, I mean a lot.

"What color this time?"

"Um. I was thinking of doin-" he stopped talking as he bumped into someone.

"Hey! Watch where you're going, dumbass!" Luke Hemmings shouted. Then he turned around and stormed away.

Let me tell you a bit about Luke Hemmings. He's kind of an asshole. He likes to act like he's better than everyone else. No one really knows why either. He moved here to New York from Sydney, Australia two years ago. He's always been an asshole as far as I know. I don't really know Luke, though. He's in the grade above me so the only class that I have with him is drama class. I've only ever seen him with a blank stare or an angry expression.

"What's his problem?" Michael wondered out loud as we walked out the doors of the school.

"I dont know." I said. So we went to Michael's house and dyed his hair.

Ok so I wrote this chapter and accidentally deleted it so I had to re-write it because I didn't save it so here it is. It's not very good. The chapter that I originally wrote was better. I tried to keep basically all the stuff that I remembered in here but its not written as well. Sorry. :/