V.

I opened my mouth, chocked, as I watched Dianna. When she saw me, she told me:

«How did you get there? Who left you enter? »

Still chocked, I couldn’t even speak. My words would stay caught in my throat.

«Hello? I'm talking to you! » she continued.

I took her by the shoulders and looked into her eyes. They were dark blue and in the middle, there was a hint Aqua and gold. They were deep and mysterious like a galaxy. I was lost in her eyes when she closed them and said:

«-Do you listen when I talking to you?

-I-I'm sorry. » I told her, walking towards the door to leave.

«Apology not accepted. » 

Before I could open the door, Dianna asked me:

«-Peanut? Why did you come here?

-My mom wanted me to tell you... to come…babysit my siblings tomorrow.

-You don't know how to lie. Your mom would not send you to tell me that. Maybe, she would tell you to call me, or something like that, but she wouldn't tell you to come here. » She said, grabbing my arm.

I released my arm from her grip and left without a word.

Dianna's POV:

Well, I guess that Brooklyn isn't just silly, he's weird too. After I showered, Cruz called me:

«-Hi Dianna!

-Hi!

-We missed you!

-I missed you too Cruz!

-Why don't you come over and swim with us?

-Oh, I'll love that. I'll be there in 30 minutes.

-Thanks! See you later. » He responded, cheerfully

At the Beckham's house, I swam with the kids, and it was fun. We were swimming, when out of nowhere, Brooklyn opened a window and threw something. It bounced off on the edge of the pool before falling in. After that, I screamed at him:

«- You idiot! Do you want to kill us or something? 

-Shut up please! You're existence has ruined my life!

-You know what? I shouldn’t even be here to deal with some immature 17 year old. » 

After yelling at him, he violently closed the window. I could’ve sworn I saw tears in his eyes. I couldn’t help but wonder what he threw. When curiosity got the best of me, I dove in the pool and picked up a shiny object. I sat on a chair and inspected the necklace. It was a crown made of gold and diamonds. It wasn’t broken after the fall which means that it was made with real gold and real diamonds. I squinted my eyes, somehow, I thought I knew it from somewhere.«-Where did you get this necklace from?

«-Leave me alone! 

-Wait a minute... Are you crying?

-No I'm not. » He said wiping his tears. 

«You know, it's okay to cry, even for aboy.» I told him before leaving and returning home. When I was home, Arabella came running toward me and squealed:

«-Dianna! Come see what I found in your "secret room"!!

-Who told you about my secret dance-

-Oh! Shut up! And hurry up. » she interrupted me, pulling me to my dance room. 

When we got there, she showed me a box. It was written "Dianna" on it. There was a photo album, an old CD, a book and jewelry box in it. When I opened the album, I saw old dusty pictures. They seemed to be taken around the 60s. The more pages I turned, the pictures seemed more recent. In every picture, there was a girl wearing the same 2 necklaces. It was the same crown that Brooklyn threw in the pool earlier. At the last page, there was a picture of me little and my grandma.I smiled as I remembered everything. The beginning of our story was happy, but the end reminded me of sad memories. So Brooklyn was the little guy who made me smile for the first time. I didn't know how to react at that. When I opened the little box, I saw a necklace with a key at the end. There was a paper in the little box. I started to read the letter.

«-Is that happy or sad tears?» asked Arabella.

«-I-I don’t know…

-You’re such a mystery!» And she exclaimed, leaving me alone.

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

I was at the airport. I was going to Australia. I needed to see my only friend Calum (Well that’s before I met Dylan).He always helped me get through the dark times. When I felt like I was all alone. I didn’t tell anyone that I was going, but it’s not like it matter. They’ll never notice my absence, not even Arabella.

On the airplane, I read my grandma’s diary. It was in the box she left me. It was quite interesting, she wrote about how she met my grandpa, and all that stuff. At least, she found love young and lived a happy life

When I arrived in Australia, I called Calum:

«-Dianna! I missed you so much!

-Calum! I missed you too! Your address didn’t change, right?

-Nope. Why?

-You’ll see. Bye»

I took a taxi and I went to his house. When he saw me, he came running toward me and gave me a bone-crushing hug. His mom was so happy to see me. She even let me stay at her house for as long as I wanted. She was my real mom.

After giving the necklace to the boy, the little girl went to see her grandma. It was the only person in the whole entire world that Dianna loved. When she arrived there, she saw something that broke her heart. Her grandma‘s house was burning. She wanted to go in there and rescue her but the driver didn’t let her. After the funeral, the Evans moved to another country, but because work was important, Dianna’s mom stayed in London with her daughter, Arabella. Dianna’s dad was always at work, sometimes, Dianna didn’t see him for 2-3 days. Also, Dianna didn’t have friends. She was always alone until she met Calum. They became friends and they were always together. Dianna didn’t like her nanny, so she was always with Calum and his mom. They were her real family. One day, Dianna went with Calum to see her dad at work. When she entered her dad’s office, she saw her dad and a stranger kissing. Dianna was chocked. Calum felt sorry for his best friend. He wanted her to stay with him and his mom. One month later, Calum had to go to Australia because his mom found work. When the little girl went back home, her parents informed her that the whole family would be moving back to their old house. Snce that day, Dianna would go visit Calum twice a year.

«-So… How’s your family?

-Nothing changed…» I answered.

He stood up and hugged me tight before saying:

«-Remember the promise.»