CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUROLD FRIENDS

CHAPTER FOUR
OLD FRIENDS

"oh your hands can heal, your hands can bruise."

( WARNING: DESCRIPTIVE VIOLENCE )

MORRIGAN HAD NOT STOPPED PACING SINCE she had decapitated Slater's girlfriend and left her in the middle of the floor. Myrrdín had been watching her with a large amount of amusement as she practically burnt holes in the ground, muttering curses about Elena as she did. She had already come to the decision that she would have to kill, whoever it was, who came to collect her — not that she was complaining.

In her mind, once the deal was made the doppelgänger would be completely compliant and stay put until the sacrifice. It seemed that Elena Gilbert had a death wish and was far more difficult to handle that she had anticipated. They were going to need back up.

She sighed, heading over to sit beside Myrrdíns and then rested her head on his shoulder, "Is it possible that this one is more difficult to control than Katerina," she murmured with a small amount of dejection in her voice. He only chuckled, hand reaching up to smooth her hair affectionately. "I need you to do something for me," her voice lowered to a volume which would be impossible to hear by human ears, "I need you to contact Aed and Miach."

Myrrdín's face became completely serious, "What?" He moved closer towards her, "Are you serious?" It was unusual for her to involve her third and lieutenant when there was a deal involved, she disliked the possibility of attention being drawn to them.

She nodded slowly, "I hate the idea of them being near this," if it were possible she would have lowered her voice further, "I don't want any of these people to put them in danger — they'd all do anything to protect Elena," she dragged her hand down her face tiredly, "We've been with them for two and a half thousand years. They're all we have left of our home." The two sat in silence for what felt like an eternity, holding onto each other's hands like a lifeline.

"You don't think we can do this without them," he said softly, turning to look at her with gentle eyes.

Morrigan nodded her head slightly in agreement before sitting up and fixing a blank expression on her face, "Tell Aed and Miach to come as soon as possible," she paused, thinking for a second, "They need to tie up any loose ends there. Which means they'll be bringing everyone with them," she noticed the grimace on his face, "Don't make that face, you know they give added protection."

He rolled his eyes, a pout forming on his lips, "I don't understand why we made them in the first place. When have we ever needed an army," seeing the look on his sister's face, he raised his hands in mock surrender, "I know, I know. The Great Old Ones were hunting us all to extinction. But we don't need them now."