Too late

You were walking down the school hall way, going where Colby told you to go. You knew he just wanted to talk about how his girlfriend has broken up with him again. It was a on again, off again relationship they had. The more he talked about it,  the more you fall behind. It was no secret that you like Colby, or say liked. You were shy, but ever since moving on from him. It got you back out. You were hitting it off with a guy, but just taking it slow. You guys actually made it official yesterday.

Colby spotted you, walking towards you. "Thanks, um I broke it off with Veronica." You looked at him confused, he was obsessed with Veronica. He wouldn't dare to break it off with her. But in Colby's mind, he had other plans. He was going to ask you out. "What why?" You asked him, looking at the clock on the wall.

"Because, I wasn't going to waste my time, on her anymore. I finally know what I want" he said, following your eyes. "What's that?" You eyes meeting his, still confused about everything. Opening his mouth, the bell rang. You smiled, "hey let's talk about this at lunch?" You assured him. Going to your locker, "it can't wait" Colby said.

About to speak, you see the guy behind him. You smiled, "Colby I want you to meet somebody" closing your locker, you went behind him. "This is Danny" grabbing Danny's hand, you saw Colby's face. He was confused, not knowing why you were introducing him to him.

"He's my boyfriend" you continued, making Colby's face drop. His plan didn't work. It was a waste. "Oh" he managed to say.

Not only did he lose her, he was too late.