Pink Hair?

You don't have to read the first few paragraphs. :)

Lucy wasn't popular, nor did she ever want to be. She wasn't nerdy. She wasn't ugly. She wasn't beautiful (Well, in her opinion). She was just...Lucy. Your everyday, regular girl. Just another face you would see in a crowd. She didn't stand out. She wasn't somebody who had a huge importance. She was just...

Average.

Lucy could go missing for 3 days and nobody would notice. Expect for Levy. Lucy's trusted best friend. No matter that would happen to Lucy, Levy would always be there. Her, and Erza. Erza was known as the scariest girl in school and it was even rumored that she made Sting pee himself. Well, that wasn't really a rumor. Erza even went after Lucy's Ex-boyfriend, who broke her heart, and that boy was never seen again.

Lucy was thankful for her friends, but there was one thing different about them.

They weren't average.

Levy was the smartest girl in school, getting the highest grades in every class she was in. People usually came to her for help. Her, along with Jellal, who was also really intelligent.

Erza was the president of the Student council, so she held an importance towards the school. Plus, she was the scariest person in the whole school. So, she had that going for her.

Also, someone loved both of them.

Levy had been with Gajeel since the beginning of the school year and Erza had been with Jellal since middle school.

Lucy wasn't jealous though.

She was happy being average. It felt right to her. She was comfortable and she didn't want anything to change. She didn't want to be special. Or noticed.

Well, that plan was broken as soon as he showed up.

Lucy was walking down the hall, Levy walking right besides her, books hugged to her chest as she spoke to the blond.

"So, it's been awhile since we've hung out, out of school." Levy said.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I've just had a lot on my plate. With my dad and stuff..."

"No worries. I understand. Buuut, you and Erza could come over on Friday to my place. Watch Soap operas, eat ice cream till we get sick...you know, like the good old days!" Levy beamed, waiting to hear Lucy's response.

Lucy tapped her chin in thought. "I got nothing going on right now...yeah, sounds good!"

"Great! I'll go tell Erza! See ya later, Lu!" Levy gave Lucy a smile before disappearing in the crowd of students.

Lucy smiled and waved at her, before turning around, right in time to see someone shove their way past her.

"Outta my way." They grunted before dashing down the hall. Lucy fell forwards, her eyes closing, bracing herself for in pact.

But it never came.

Instead, she felt two strong arms wrap around her waist. She opened one eye and saw a mass of spiky, pink hair. Her vision focused, and she was greeted with onyx eyes staring back at her, inches away from her face. He grinned before he stood up, pulling her into his chest. She quickly backed up a little, putting distance between her and him. He gave a goofy grin.

"You okay? You really should be more careful." He said, the smile never falling from his face.

Lucy couldn't stop staring at him. Well, not really himself, but...

His hair.

It was...pink?

His gaze followed her own and he raised an eyebrow.

"What?" He asked.

"Your hair..."

"What about it?"

"It's....pink."

"No! It's salmon." He said, stretching out the word Salmon.

"Salmon is a shade of pink. So, technically..."

He sulked. "Whatever! My name's Natsu." He said, giving the biggest smile she'd ever seen.

She giggled. "Lucy."

Lucy...he thought.

"I like you!" He stated.

"W-what?" She asked, tilting her head to the side a bit.

"I like you!" He repeated.

"Huh?"

"What? You don't like me?" He asked, his grin slowly starting to fade away, disappointment showing in his eyes.

"No! I-I like you..." She responded. But, I can't really have an opinion since we just met, she mentally added.

He gave, once again, a huge grin. "Yay! Lucy likes me!" He shouted.

A few students walking by gave them questionable looks before continuing down the hall. Suddenly, the bell rang, echoing across the hall. Natsu looked down at Lucy. "Welp, see ya later!" He ruffled her hair before running down the hall. Lucy watched him leave.

He was very, very weird.

He acted as if they had known each other forever.

His face flashed in her mind and she found her cheeks heating up just a bit.

Lucy didn't feel average anymore.

And she didn't like it.

A/N: So, did I do good? This is the first story I've ever put out in public, so I'm nervous. I expect flames, Cause I don't think it's that good, but flames will just help me improve! Plus, I probably won't update very quickly, so be patient.

Ok, I'm gonna go eat some jolly ranchers.