Shining Star

Guys, every time I swipe down to read the next chapter of a fanfic, there's this add of a cat who's candy store gets robbed and as he chases down the dude, he's SMILING.

Like, dude, what the heck?! Your candy store just got robbed! Shouldn't you be like "NO. MY LIFE'S WORK. NOW I CAN'T PAY FOR MY DYING WIFE'S MEDICATION." But no. He's like "SWEET, I JUST GOT ROBBED. I DONT CARE IF MY WIFE DIES, I WAS GONNA DIVORCE HER ANYWAYS :D."

ok, yeah. to the chapter now.

but seriously, what the f-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lucy impatiently tapped her foot on the tile floor as she waited for someone to enter the office. She just wanted to leave her father's mansion. She hated it here. It brought back bad memories.

She was currently waiting in her father's old office, waiting for his lawyer, Aquarius, to enter.

As a child, Lucy always tried to get Aquarius to play ((_ʖ)) with her. But Aquarius would always just say the same thing.

I don't have time to play with you, brat. I have more important things to do.

But Lucy never listened to her harsh words. As a child, she was used to them, and had zoned out their true meaning.

Go away. You remind me to much of her.

Lucy mentally flinched.

It was like her mother's name was a non-spoken word. Not allowed be said, but if it was, someone just snapped.

Lucy was always so amazed of how her mother's smile could just brighten up the room. Or her beauty was one that could be compared to an angel.

As a child, she was always jealous. She wanted to be as beautiful and graceful as Layla. But in her eyes, she never was.

She was just Lucy. Nothing special.

No one special. Her father always reminded her of that.

The door opened behind Lucy, causing her to turn.

Aquarius.

The woman's dark eyes flared in coldness towards the blond, her permanent scowl plastered on her face.

Aquarius's heels clicked on the hard, cold floor as she walked to the chair on the opposite side on the desk. She took a seat and set out her papers in front of her in silence.

Aquarius looked up. "Well, looks like the brat's back."

"Nice to see you too, Aquarius." Lucy rolled her eyes.

Aquarius just 'tched'. She opened the file in front of her labeled 'HEARTFILLA'.

Lucy looked at it. She was to scared to open it.

"Well, you didn't come all this way just to stare at it, idiot. Open it." Aquarius scoffed.

Taking a deep breath, Lucy opened the slit in the middle and took out the paper. She read it:

Lucy,

First of all, I am sorry. I know I was terrible to you as a child. I am so sorry for what I have done. I wish I could just take everything back and be a real father to you. But I couldn't .

I was so angry. So sad. Just, broken. Layla was my world. And when she was gone, I was too. I just couldn't handle it. So, I hide behind my work, so I wouldn't have to face the reality that she was actually gone.

You look so much like her. You're both so beautiful.

I know she would have been proud of you. For standing up for yourself and in your beliefs. You're such a strong girl.

I was always proud of you. I never displayed it, but I always was. For being yourself.

I love you, Lucy. I may have never shown it, but I love you. Your my daughter, and no matter what you do, I'll always love you.

You may hate me, and I understand, but, I know your future is bright.

Cause you're just like a Star.

Always shining.

Your father,

Jude

Tears feel onto the paper. Lucy could feel her shoulders shake as she read the last part of the letter.

Only one thought went through her mind:

I'll keep shining. For you.

A/N: Welp, that was short. I'll try to make them longer.

But...

700 reads?!?!?!?!

*faints*

Person who doesn't absolutely hate me: *revives*

BUT SERIOUSLY GUYS, LIKE, WUT.

I didn't think this would get back the double digits.

But like, I feel so proud that you guys are reading this crap story :,)

Thank you, earthlings.

:,)

review or zeus will strike you down