Chapter One

The Boy Next Door:

     Chapter One;

         Moving Day :)

_________________________________________________________________________________

-Layna's POV-

  Little me has just boarded a plane to Mullingar, Ireland. I don't necessarily want to go, but I had just turned fourteen a few weeks ago and turning fourteen means moving to Ireland with my dad. See, my parents have been divorced since I was an infant and the agreement was that I'd live with my mother until I was fourteen, then shipped off to live with my dad. So I don't really have much say in whether or not I want to live there. Suddenly the flight attendant came on speaker, "Attention all passengers, please get ready for take-off, buckle all seatbelts and turn off all electronics. Please and thank you". I did so and looked out the window. This is going to be a long flight ...

* * * * * *

  I was rudely awakened by a huge thump when my plane landed. I cracked open my eyes and rubbed my fingers against them. I sat up to take a sip of my water then waited for the flight attendants orders.

  She soon came out of her cubby and got on the speaker, "Attention all passengers, we have finally landed in Dublin. Please remove your seatbelts and exit in an orderly fashion". She spoke with the best smile. It seemed almost fake. I took my buckle off and stood up. I grabbed my backpack and scooched myself out of the aisle I shared with two others. When I exited the pIane, I took a deep breath. Aahh Dublin, feels good to finally be in Ireland again! I proceeded to walk down the airplane steps and into the airport. As I walked in, I immediately saw a familiar face. "Daddy!", I yelled as I ran up to him and hugged him really tight. I removed myself from him. "Layna! Great to see you again!" He said with the biggest smile on his face. "You too dad". "Excited to see the new house?" He asked. "Wait...you moved?". "Yeah". "Where to?" I asked. "Now that is a surprise!" He escorted me out of the airport and we had a bit of a chat. I told him all the highlights of the past three years and about mom.

* * * * * * * * *

  I was rudely awakened once again by a thump, but this time not by a plane. I jumped up and looked out the window. I thought we were on the wrong side of the road and started spazzing out! "Layn! What's wrong?!" My dad yelled. "Why are we on the wrong side!" I yelled back. He stood quiet for a second and facepalmed, "Layn...we're in Ireland, remember?" I sunk down in my seat feeling like a complete idiot . Note to self: In Ireland, they drive on the left! I clicked the radio to find a station that I liked. I jumped up when I heard California Gurls playing. I sang along and jammed out like a was a pro dancer! lol.

  My dad finally pulled into a driveway. I got out of the car and stared up at the house. I was awestruck, the house is amazing! It's like a mansion! "Dad, this is the best house ever!" I yelled. "Haha glad you like it" He replied. He helped me lug my luggages inside and placed them in my new room. "I don't know how to tell you this sweetie, but I have to work in a few and my boss uh he's a tuffie. He never lets anyone take off" He says with the saddest look. "It's okay dad, my old teachers were the same with attendence, if we took a day off they'd lower our grades from an A to a D". He looked at me with a 'wtf' look, "Seriously?" "Yup..." "Well I gotta run Layn, all your things your mom sent me are in the garage, see you later!" He says then kisses me on the cheek and makes his way downstairs.

   I looked around my new bedroom and tried to decide where i'm going to put my things. My new room was huge, bigger than a average master bedroom. My dresser, tables and my bed were already set inside my room, but I had to get everything else. I walked down the stairs and went out the back door. The garage door was open so I walked in, I found my bookshelf, favorite chair, everything inside the garage. I decided to start out with my boxes of random crap. I placed a box on another and lifted it up. I walked towards the door and ended up dropping the boxes on my feet! Maybe taking one is a better idea haha. "Hey! Need some help there?" I heard someone call out to me with an Irish accent. I turned around to see a shaggy haired blonde boy staring at me. I must say, he is attractive! "Sure thanks!" I called back at him. He went over the small fence and came over to me. "I'm Niall" He said extending his hand out to me, "I'm Layna". "Cute name, can I call you Laynie?" I laughed, "Sure..." His accent was the cutest I've ever heard! He asked what I wanted him to carry and I handed him one of the boxes I dropped. I picked up the other one and showed him the way to my room. When we got into my room, his jaw literally dropped. "Laynie, this room is huge!" He said placing the box down then looking around.

  Soon enough we had finished packing everything into my room and went downstairs. We sat in the kitchen talking about why I moved here and places I should see. "So tomorrow at three?" He asked. "Sure, but where are we going again?" "I'm just gonna show ya around town that's all" He said with a cheeky smile.

-A/N: Hey! Thanks for reading! Sorry it was a bit boring, but this is only the start, it will get better! I promise! :)-