Heres to Hoping.

I hope that one day you'll realize when you look him in the eyes that he always looked away because he had something to hide.
I hope one day you'll understand that the reason why he yelled, was to scare you into submission so you didn't remember how he failed.
I hope one day you'll understand that you only ate alone because he was too busy on the phone, with someone else that was beneath you and flawed enough to follow his words and not his truth.

I hope one day you'll see that you're a Queen, that you're the only artwork that I'll see upon me screen.
I hope one day you'll know why I always sit with you, until I see you take the last bite, and smile back at me.
I hope one day you'll notice that my phone is off and I'm not looking down but I'm looking you in your sapphire eyes, and smiling so big it hurts my cheeks.

I hope one day you'll stop comparing your ex to me. I promise I'm not him and I'm never going to be.
I hope one day that you'll whisper the words I hear in my dreams.
I hope one day you'll say I love you, then never fucking leave.

But who am I kidding. You're a ten and I'm a three. I didn't even pay attention that I learned all of this because you were just looking back at me.