Hurt

I awoke to someone tapping me with a pen. I opened my eyes to see one of my best friends, Ace grinning at me with a pen in his hand closest to me.

      "What the hell do you want?!" i whisper screamed at him. he nodded towards the teacher who was looking at me expectingly.

      "Well, Miss Gray, what is the answer to question seventeen?" I stared blankly at her until something in the corner of my eye caught my attention. Ace was holding up a small paper under the desk with what I assumed was the answer to question seventeen. My eyes drifted from the paper to his face which had all his attention directed to the teacher. That helpful sneaky boy. I smiled and turned my attention to the teacher as well and answered the question with an innocent face. Her lips settled into a thin line and her eyes looked as though they blazed with anger and hatred. My teacher really hated me and the feeling was mutual. She thought sense I had my hair different than most teenagers, angel bites and one tattoo on my wrist that o was a no good rebellious child. I actually loved to learn but i can get a smart attitude when needed. I was about to go back to what i was doing before i fell asleep which was drawing when i caught a death glare from one of the preps in school. I blew a kiss to her with an evil look and a whole load of attitude. I loved messing with the preps who thought they were better than everyone. Her jaw just opened into an "o" and her eyebrows knitted together before she flung her head and attention back to the front where the teacher was giving her lesson. I laughed under my breath and Ace grinned at his work meaning he must have seen my little show. He wasn't really the quiet type but he didn't like to get in trouble at school much so he put on the shy guy act. Outside of school was another story. He loved being loud, crazy, and weird. I loved to be crazy and weird but I could not be loud in a public place. He was one of my six best friends. There was Ace, Amethyst, April, Dana, Dawn, and Frost.

*Authors note: I'll have a chapter with a description of each of them and their lives from their point of views*

      Ace was the only guy in the group. Sure he had his own group of guy friends bit they all went to his old school. They had a band called "Raining Blood Tears" and they still met up almost every weekend. They all kept in good touch but I myself had never met them. Ace was always there for me though. As were my other best friends. Ace had been my best friend sense 3rd grade when he transfered schools. His buddies and him had been friends sense preschool.  The way Ace and I hade became friends was pretty unique I do believe.

-FLASHBACK-

     I had my guitar out on the playground strumming a few chords and muttering some lyrics. When a new boy from my class came up to me and asked where I had learned to play like that. I answered that I had learned from my older brother. He listened and watched in awe. I smiled and continued to play until a girl with curly dark brown hair came up to me.

      "Freak, that's not good music. You'd better learn a more lady like instrument before people think you like girls. I already know you like girls but not everyone does." She said and I looked at her confused. I'd never done anything to this girl for her to just come up here and say my few chords were bad. I bit my lip and placed my guitar down beside the bench I was sitting on. Then the little boy walked up to her and spoke up for me.

      "Who should say she is freak? A freak is someone who doesn't fit in, right? Well she fits in. Who should say her music is bad? That's an opinion and I love her music. Who should say she likes girls? Only she knows. And if she did, how do you know? Did she tell you personally?" He interrogated her. She looked at him darkly and stomped off. I smiled at him and introduced myself.