Chapter 2

Friday September 6, 2013
...
Isn't love complicated? I mean how do you know that your actually in love? Do you have like symptoms? Or dose it just hit you in the face like 'Here I am'?

Well what I do know,is that I really like someone. And it would be so embarrassing if he knew. But what if he does know?! I would have to jump off a bridge...no lie.

You probably screaming by now to know who I have a crush on. Well his name is Carter Fondly.

Carter Fondly. This sweet but shy guy that only talks when he's around his friends or spoken to. He has short dark brown curly hair that matches his chocolate brown eyes. Carter is tall...very tall for that matter. One of the tallest boys in my grade. He plays basketball. I swear he probably has 10-20 basketball shirts. I wouldn't say Carter is obsessed with basketball... but he defiantly loves it. I've seen him play and he's pretty good.

I have had a crush on Carter since kindergarden. I remember thinking he was cute and I told my friends that were at the table. I remember it like yesterday.

I looked at him. Okay more like stared at him. Good thing he was faced the other way and couldn't see me.

I looked around my table. Wrae was on my left, Lily was on my right, and Shana was across from me. Carter was sitting with his back facing Lily.

I nudged Lily and whispered" I think Carter is cute!"

As soon as I said that, Lily turned around, tapped Carter on the shoulder, and told him that I thought he was cute.

He looked me right in the eyes and looked away. He didn't smile or anything. His face was emotionless.

After that year, I tried to get over him. He started wearing glasses that next year. And over the years my friends asked me if I still liked him. I said no because I was trying to convince myself that I was over him. But that wasn't possible.

I have liked him for 9 years. And 5 of them I tried to get over him. That was a waste if time, trying to convince myself that I didn't like him. He doesn't wear glasses anymore, I think he has contacts now.

But how would I know, Carter barley knows I exist. But why would he want to talk to me? He's in the popular group and I'm at rock bottom. Why would a guy like him, have feelings for me?

Anyways I am getting ready for the football game tonight. And I'm hoping to see Carter there.

A rush if nervousness and excitement runs through me just thinking about him.

I pulled a blue shirt over my head, then a blue sweatshirt that I got from a previous football game. I pulled a new pair of jeans on because I know it's going to be cold tonight. I sprayed a few sprays of perfume, that smells like cotton candy.

"You ready Haz" my mom yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'll be down in a sec."

I grabbed my phone that was on my bed and shoved it in my back jean pocket

When I got into the kitchen my mom was texting on her slow "Track Phone".

I headed to the car in the garage and sat shotgun, since my sister is out with friends and my dad was working.

On the way to the game, my mom asked typical questions a mom would after school:

"How was your day?"

"How much homework do you have?"

"Is it hard?"

"Anything interesting happen today?"