Naga Babas

In the next moment I was in the middle of the community being stared by everyone. Though there Hindi was not too good but I was able to communicate with them. After a conversation I was delighted as they were the Naga Babas, the original Naga Babas for whom I travelled so long. Though there was a feeling of pessimism of death but I was satisfied as my dream was fulfilled. I told them about myself. When they learnt that I’m also a devotee of Lord Shiva, they set me free and requested to stay with them. To which I accepted jovially. Devi Lalji the chief welcomed me. Most of the time I used to spent with him. He used to tell me fantastic facts about Shiva and how his ancestors fought. In days I mingled with them and adopted their tradition of being naked and covered my body with ashes. But I was unable to digest blood to which Devi Lalji told me was not easy. Living with them was an awesome experience. Unity and fraternity were in their genes. Their ways of catching preying and cooking was entirely different. The most essential part which shocked me was their way of aiding injuries. With a bit massage and pointing small sticks to the body which in the modern world we say aqua puncture was mind boggling. As I remember once I had a leg sprain and within half an hour they aided me and my leg was like before.

Soon I became a part of them and understood why individuals’ are never seen again when they come to this forest to meet these Babas. To me they are too good and because of their goodness people stay here and become a part of these Babas.