Evidence 1

Chapter One: On Hand Murder Case

Lyra's Point of View

(2018)

"With regards of my statement, I would like to call my witness on stand, Dra. Gretchen Lorenzo." Matikas na tumayo si Prosecutor Del Prado at lumingon kay Judge Monteverde.

Tumikhim ito bago nagpatuloy. "Honorable judge, Dra. Lorenzo did the medical analysis on Miss Delamore." Magalang na dugtong nito.

On his usual annoying yet blank face, Judge Hector nodded once in a formal way. "I accept the witness." Del Prado smiled victoriously upon hearing the judge's statement.

The familiar sound of the court's door opening aired inside the premises. As usual, nagbulungan ang mga tao na nandito sa trial; making their own conclusions regarding the case.

In every trial I watched, I always sit on the last row to watch everyone. There are certain cases where in the real culprit is just inside the court but isn't placed on the defendant's seat. We never know.

While countless thoughts are running all over my head, nakarating na ang testigo sa witness stand. Largely based upon the looks and the presence of this woman, I can say that she's a real professional.

Tumikhim si Del Prado before proceeding. "Miss Gretchen Lorenzo and of age 47, you pledged to reveal the truth without any biases on your statements in this court." He started.

While eyeing on the floor, the witness slowly nodded. "Yes, I pledged." I mentally rolled my eyes before crossing my arms in front of my chest. I just hate formalities. It just leads to nothing but a waste of time.

Right after, nagsimulang magtanong si Del Prado. "You are a doctor who graduated on your degree in the prestigious University of Biological Sciences and Medicine, am I right?" Panimulang tanong nito na mas lalong nakapagpataas ng presyon ko. What kind of question is that? Tss.

As if on cue, Attorney Hades Amparo immediately stood up. He's sitting beside the defendant's seat. On his usual blank face, he spoke with formality and respect subsiding the authority he naturally posesses.

"Objection, your honor. The question is misleading." I smiled secretly. He really knows when to object correctly. I didn't complemented him because I'm into him or anything, it's just a mere reminder. I'm just telling the truth, you know.

Judge Monteverde glanced on both sides of the court before speaking with a powerful voice. "Objection recognized. Prosecutor, change question." Right after, asar na tiningnan ni Del Prado si Attorney Hades, making the latter smirk in a formal but offensive way.

---

"With all the power I have as the judge of this case, I have the rights and authority to make a decision." Tahimik na sa buong lugar. The victim Gregana Delamore was silently crying on her seat. Maybe a little guilty for accusing an innocent man.

"Case 1638, Rape and Attempted Murder Case of 2018. I hereby close this trial giving the victim, Gregana Delamore a debt of Php 800 000 to the defendant for the accusations." Right after the judge's statement, the victim sobbed harder. Or if I can consider her as a victim, though.

"With all the evidences presented inside this court, I accuse the defendant, Mr. Marrio Manalo innocent and will receive the amount stated earlier from Miss Delamore." Matapos sabihin iyon ni Judge Monteverde, pinukpok nya ng tatlong beses ang court hammer; a signal that the trial is done.

Amparo confidently smiled and maybe silently complementing himself for doing a great job.

Lumapit si Mr. Manalo sa kanyang pamilya at nagyakapan sila. The accused man had four children of ages not exceeding 12 but not below 3. Niyakap rin sya ng asawa, almost on the same age as he is