~One~

The school bell rang just as I pulled up to school and parked my car. Cursing at my lateness, I open the door and grab my bag, flinging it over my shoulder. Slamming the door, I check myself in the side mirror quickly before locking the car.

I turn to start my journey to my first class but jump back when a car comes barreling towards me. The sound of my phone hitting the pavement makes me groan, and I stare daggers at the familiar red car that's now parked next to me.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me Jimin," I growl at the silver haired boy who steps out of the car. He sends me an apologetic look as he locks his car, throwing his bag over his shoulder. I bend over and pick up my phone, seeing the new crack down the middle.

"I will pay for that," he sends me a sheepish smile. I roll my eyes but know I wont stay mad at him very long.

Jimin has been my best friend since I was three years old. He was a year older than me but I felt like the older sister most of the time. Also being my neighbor we were always hanging out at each other's houses, even having sleepovers because of how close both us and our parents were.

"You could've avoided that by letting me drive you to school you know, we do live next door to each other Calla," He smirks, thinking he was funny.

"If I wanted to die I might take you up on that offer," I scoff. Jimin was a notoriously bad driver, having been in several crashes because of his recklessness. Something bad would have to happen for me to let him drive me anywhere.

"Why are you late this morning?" Jimin asks once we enter the now empty halls. We had basically the same schedule, our first class being together. It was his favorite class and my least favorite: math.

"The usual, Dean being an asshole. He wouldn't give me my keys," I jingle them in front of his face. My older brother loved to ruin my day. "It's literally the third day of school; I can't afford to be late yet," I groan, realizing I was about to get my first mark. My math teacher hated me, ever since the first day he seemed to have it out for me.

The first day of school I walked into our math class and sat in the front next to Jimin. He asked if anyone could solve the incredibly hard math problem that he deemed easy on the board for a free pass on the first test. When he called on me, I simply said that he should solve the problem if it was so easy for him. He didn't like that much after the class giggled.

Yesterday he called me up to the front of the class to solve a statistics problem; it was an algebra II class. He also moved me away from Jimin to the back. I had a feeling the year would only get harder for me with him.

"Miss Casteele," His icy voice greets my ears the moment I step into the class. "Mr. Park," He looks between Jimin and I with a scowl. "Late on the third day."

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim I overslept," Jimin scratches the back of his neck. Mr. Kim's full lips purse and he shakes his head before pointing at Jimins seat. Jimin nods his head gratefully before rushing to his seat in the front. I took a step forward to follow him but Mr. Kim shot out his hand to stop me.

"Why were you late Miss Casteele?" He narrows his eyes at me.

"My brother hid my keys from me," I clear my throat.

"Do you think I was born yesterday?" He scoffs at my response.

See? Out to get me I tell you.

"But I'm telling the tru-"

"Just take your seat Miss Casteele, we'll discuss this more after class," He shoos me away. I groan and stomp my way to my seat. If I hated to be chastised by Mr. Kim in front of the class there was one other thing I hated more.