~Six~

-

-

Taehyung has left twenty minutes ago. And yet, not a word has yet to be spoken between Jimin and I.

We were sitting at opposite ends of the same couch, looking anywhere but each other. I picked at my nails, chipping off the polish I know I'll have to redo later.

I didn't know how to start. I couldn't just out right say it; that would be weird. But I didn't know what we could talk about before; everything else felt like a fight waiting to happen.

Sneaking a glance at Jimin I see he hasn't moved. Unlike me, he's still as a stone. His face is hard and stoic, body rigid, and I'm sure he's thinking about the scene with Taehyung moments ago. I feel bad for it, even though I really have no reason to, the boys started it. But for some reason I feel like I've wronged him, and it makes me feel even more guilty with every silent moment that passes.

"Why?" I break the silence. "Why did you do it?" I ask him. Jimin turns to me, his eyes staring hard into mine.

"What do you mean?" He asks. His tone has an edge to it, and now I'm sure he's been thinking about the scene from before. He was still angry.

"Why did you get so upset, seeing Taehyung," I clarify. I had an idea, but it didn't make sense to me. I thought at first maybe it was because they'd had a falling out and he was upset with me for being friends with him. But he didn't even care what he was with me for, just that he was there at all. Like his very presence near me bothered him.

Then I remembered how angry Jimin looked when Mr. Kim moved me next to Taehyung. He was fuming, and ranted about it all lunch. He knew I didn't like him, at all, but he was still convinced that "Taehyung was going to ruin everything."

"I dont like him," Jimin says. "You don't either."

"Yeah," I nod slowly. "But I dont understand why you got so upset, we were just working on an assigned project. One you knew about," I point out.

"I don't want you two hanging out together okay?" He huffs out, clearly frustrated.

"Because you stopped being friends with him?" I question.

"No-yes, kind of," Jimin groans. "Can we talk about something else?"

"No," I shake my head, scooting closer to him on the couch. "Tell me why you hate him so much, you never actually explained it to me."

"Because of you Calla I told you that," he sighs.

A vague answer. Of course.

"Because of how he treated me?" I ask, repeating what he told me years ago. "Because that's really starting to sound like a dumb excuse when I think about the fact that right before you two stopped being friends he started actually being nice to me."