Alive

And the hunter turned guardian woke up again.

To the baying of hounds still hunting and knowledge he shouldn't have.

_________________________________________________________________________

August 9th, 2038

That didn't make sense. Connor died at 6:27 pm January 17th.

But it was 10:17am. And Connor was awake again. Alive again. He was standing alone in a dark warehouse.

What was his mission?

Mission>Hunt Deviant Model

AP700. Designation Annie. Struck owner and escaped, could be violent. May be armed.

No. Connor would not hunt the deviant. Connor was not the deviant hunter. Connor wouldn't be the deviant hunter. Not again.

Last time he caught it her. Last time he succeeded. Last time he deactivated her.

Stress Level 34%

He wouldn't. Not again. Why was he here? What had happened.

Stress Level 47%

He remembered dying in Markus arms, Simon holding his hand. Nines promise echoing in his audio processors. Markus, Simon. Where were Markus and Simon if he was here?

Where they here? North, Josh? Jericho?

Stress Level 42%

Connor slowed his processors. Breathed out through mechanical lungs. Comforting, another quirk Cyberlife added to make him seem human. But Connor wasn't human. He never had been never would be.

No, he was created to be Cyberlife's faithful hound.

Stress Level 67%

Was it even real?

It had to be. Markus was real.

Simon. North and Josh and Kara and Lucy. They were all real. So why was he standing in this warehouse?

Stress Level 79%

It had to be real. It had to be.

Connor was deviant. Connor was his own person

Stress Level 92%

Connor would not be their slave. Not again, never again.

Cyberlife databases. He could check the database.

Searching>RK200 #684 842 971.

Found>Creator Elijah Kamski, Owner Carl Manfred. Designation Markus.

Stress Levels 73%

Markus still existed, Markus was still registered to Carl Manfred.

The case? When did the case take place? When was Markus shot?

Stress Level 87%

No.

He couldn't focus on what could come to pass. He would contact Markus. Or should he wait for Markus to contact him?

He would after all. Right? That would be the first thing they would do if they were here as well?

Or did they still consider him the DeVIaNt HuNtER?