Chapter 2

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

I pulled out my phone and stopped the alarm, pissed. This is why I hate Mondays, actually, every school day! And to make it worse, I go to a private school, so I have to be at school before 7:30am and that means I gotta get up at 6:00am.

I hopped off the bed and walked out of my bedroom and into the bathroom, frowning.

I was still pissed about the whole 'Meeting Michael' thing on Saturday. I mean one second he's all smiley and happy and the next he's being an absolute douchebag? Like really?

"Morning mom," I called when I heard her bedroom door opening.

"Morning Love," she called back, sleepily.

I quickly hopped into the shower after brushing my teeth and took a short shower, not letting my mind wander off. After showering, I went back into my room and pulled out my uniform. It's a maroon skirt that was a bit above my knees and white shirt with the school badge on it and a maroon tie. On top, I put on my maroon blazer.

Once I was done dressing, I brushed my long blonde hair and tied it in a high ponytail. I applied a light layer of makeup and put on pink lip gloss. I checked the time on my phone, 06:53, oh no!

"Tiara, get down here, you'll be late!" Mom yelled and I quickly ran downstairs after grabbing my phone and school bag.

"Grab some muffins then leave," I grabbed two chocolate muffins and took a bite out of one. I kissed mom's cheek, "Bye Love."

"Bye Ma, love you!" I shouted as I ran out of the house, then started walking.

When I got to school, it was 07:17, so I was a bit early. "Hey girl," Vydia waved as I approached our usual bench.

"Hey," I slightly smiled as I sat down opposite her.

"Why the long face?" She frowned as she studied my features.

"She's pissed because my cousin was being an idiot to her." Marc said, sitting opposite me, next to Vydia.

He's avoiding me.

"What? You met him?" Vydia asked, her eyes widening.

"Wish I hadn't, he's a jerk," I frowned as I ate my last muffin.

"Who's a jerk?" My friend Chris asked, approaching us with my other friend Bethany. Chris is an African American with a pretty face and pink lips. Bethany is blonde with really cute lips. And she's super smart, whoever said blondes are dumb, think again loser!

"Michael," Marc stated.

"Oh yeah, you said he was coming today. Where is he?" Chris asked, before taking a bite of my muffin.

"Over there," Marc pointed to a guy sitting under a tree, staring at his phone.

"So unnoticeable," Beth said quietly, like she was afraid he'd hear her.

"That's Michael for you." Marc smiled at his cousin. I couldn't help but wonder something.

"How come he's Brazilian and you're America?" Vydia asked Marc, looking at him suspiciously.

"Well," he stopped and thought for a while. He's about to lie. "It happens."

"Marc," I warned, glaring at him.

"Okay fine!" He sighed and looked over at Michael. "We're not related, he's just a family friend."

"What's so bad about that?" Vydia asked, still studying him.

"He doesn't have parents or any family. We don't know where he lived before coming here, what school he went or anything at all! All we know is that his name Michael Da Silva and he's 17." Wow, so... wow!