Chapter One

Lily's P.O.V

I was running as fast as my horse form would go, pushing myself trying to go faster but not matter how hard I tried I couldn't go any quicker.

I had three things on my mind at this moment in time. My herd that I sadly had to leave, the men who where quick on my hooves and my mother's last words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lily! I love you Lily, never forget that. I want you to shift and run into the forest as fast as you can and never look back upon this place! Do you understand?" My mother says in clear distress as I nod "Good! Now go and remember what I've said"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was brought back to reality when I heard a branches snap behind me, the men where gaining on me but I beginning to get tired. They where chasing me simply because I'm a horse! Well kind of.

I have been running for about 3 hours non stop, most of the man have stopped chasing me because the horses they where on became tired, the leader of the men doesn't seem to give up however.

As I was thinking about everything I felt a shard pain in my neck as I was brought back into the real world I heard a gun being reloaded, I could tell my the pain that it was a tranquilliser. THOSE ASS HOLES!

A numbness started to over take my body as I try to run but my body becomes to heavy to carry, I fall to the floor with a thud and hear the men come closer but still keep there distance, I try to keep my eyes open but they become to heavy and begin to close and darkness takes over my body.
.
.
.
Some time later I woke up, however I just lay there my eyes still shut. I heard loud music and people talking but it didn't sound that close, I decide to open my eyes. As I do I realise I'm surrounded by large silver fencing only just big enough for me to stand up in. I slowly stagger to my feet hitting the fencing a few times on my way up, once up I steadied my self and looked around I turned around to see a horse box that my fencing lined up against.

"Hey, guys the mares awake!" I heard a man shout with a kind of squeaky tone, the music turned down slightly and men ran over, the man who I think was the leader pulled something out of his pocket and placed it behind me and pressing a button causing a flow of electricity zap me and I reared forwards not liking the pain.

It was only until after I heard the horse box door shut and the box become dull that I realised what they had done. They made it so I had no other way but to go into the box. Even in the dim light I could still see everything, there wasn't much to see except a few bits of horse tack, some hay and to my surprise another horse.

On my left was a little window that I decided to look out of, there wasn't much to see just dirt paths and roads with a few trees in the distance. I diverted my attention to the horse beside me, she was a beautiful chestnut mare that seemed to be older than I was but still quite young, I looked at her for a few moments before talking.

"Do you know where we are going?" I asked kinda of panicked.

"We are going to the market, we're going to be sold into other people" she replied rather calm, as though this had happened to her before.

My heart sunk at her reply, I'm a horse shifter that's meant to keep my secret that's going to be really hard to do when I'm going to be someone's pet. I started to become worried and threw my hooves on the hard floor beneath us.

"Calm down!" the chestnut mare said beside me look in my direction with worry. "If you make to much noise the men will come back and hurt you again" she said this in such a way I started to calm down, she was right and I don't want to be zapped again.

"I'm lily by the way" I say with a small smile on my face.

"Im Sheila" she said softly. I smiled at this and then we both became silent not wanting to talk until we reached wherever we where going.