12: All You Are Is History

------------
-Awsten-

     My life: school and back home again, at home I was greeted with a few bruises by my father everyday. Depended on how drunk or mad he was if I ended up with a broken bone or a full on beating. My mom loved me though, I don't know why she would stay with someone so terrible like my father.
We had chances to move out, or run away from him or call the police. But it never happened my mother liked to tell me 'they always made up in the end." Which was complete utter bull shit.
I had lost my little sister, Gracie. And as I say lost I literally mean she got lost. Probably kid napped or something. But police had found her body after two weeks of looking.

It was such a shame Gracie had so much to live for. But she was also lucky to have escaped my father. Unlike our mother who didn't get that chance...
-----
     "Awsten, Gracie, dinner?" Our mother called up the stairs. Gracie and I slowly came down and hesitantly. We both sat at the table and looked down and just ate our food. Today was also the day I wanted to tell them I was gay. My mom did always tell me I could love whoever I wanted to love.

"M-mom," I slowly looked up from my plate I had been picking at.

"Yes honey?"

"Well I really wanted to tell you guys cause it's important to me... but I'm gay." My mom had a broken smile on her face and my dads fork dropped to the plate.

"We're glad you told us Awsten," she smiled.
My father was not having it he looked at me.

"Awsten Constantine Knight, this is not acceptable behavior. It's just a phase Awsten you're not a faggot."
I was getting mad, not like rage mad but crying mad.

"Why can't anyone just accept me," I went to stand up my father grabbed my wrist.

"Stop your whinging, your mother and I work hard to put food on the table. Be grateful." That was a bull shit statement right there.

"You don't do shit," I snapped at him.

"What the fuck did you just say," he was standing now towering over me. I let out a slight whimper.
"Are you crying now?" He said, I looked down and shook my head.
"Don't lie to me," before anything else I felt a fist collide with my face. I fell back and grabbed at my face. "Fucking little piece of shit," my dad kicked me down and kicked my side a few times before I ran upstairs to my bedroom. I locked my door, multiple times. My mother got me a few dead locks on my door for when things like this happened. I sat in the corner of my room and rocked back and forth sobbing. I wanted Gracie to comfort me like she used to but she was gone too. I heard my parents arguing and I slightly whimpered again through my hiccups. What a fucking little wimp I was.
----------
A/N: little bit of a rough chapter.