27: Hard Times

-Awsten-

"Fuck yeah," I said.

"Really Awsten? Where would we be going?" Geoff asked he is such a worry wart.

"Well, why we ask is Shane and Molly Burke reached out to Patty and I asking if we all wanted to do a video again," Patty explained.
I got excited, Molly was my queen I could relate to her on such a high level.

"Uhm, most defiantly yes," I said.

"Aws," he said rubbing my hand, "It's kind of risky."

"Geoff we toured The Vans Warped Tour and I didn't die we are going to see Molly and Shane, Okay?" I ranted.

"Fine Lilac," he gave in finally.

"Okay, I'll get back to him about it and figure out when. Bye guys," Patty said his goodbyes.

"Okay, bye Patty," Geoff And I said in sync.

"So you're pretty dead set on meeting Molly?" Geoff asked.

"Uhm, of course, Geoffrey," I smiled.

"Okay I get it, so your birthdays coming up,"

"Yes, I know when my birthday is Geoff,"

"You haven't even mentioned what you want for your birthday or got salty over your cake." He sighed while caressing my arm. Truthfully I hated when he bought me gifts but there was something I really wanted.

"Actually, Geoff I was reading up on it and I think I wanna look into getting a service dog." I smiled.

"We can look," he kissed my cheek.

"Yay!" I was excited really, it had been in the back of my head since I went blind.

"Do you wanna go for a drive?" Geoff asked out of the random.

"Uhm, y-yeah,"

"You don't sound sure,"

"No I want to go," I said stubbornly.

"Okay Awsten, just please go get a hoodie it's sprinkling outside and it's kind of cold I don't want you to catch a cold." He lectured, I sighed and walked down the hall, I went through my closet before deciding on an old hoodie that I stole from Geoff in high school.

"Okay I'm ready," I said, I felt his big, warm hand clasp to mine.

"Can we go to the beach? I swear it's the best on rainy days."

"Of course Gee," we walked out to the car and climbed in.

"How'd I get so lucky?" Geoff asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"To meet a boy with purple hair who's name was Awsten." He said, my cheeks burnt a pink hue.

"I bet he's a catch," I joked.

"Oh, he is," Geoff chuckled.

"I love you," I smiled.

"I love you too," Geoff rested his hand on top of mine. God, I didn't know how I had actually gotten lucky enough to meet him.
------------------
-Geoffrey-

We got to the beach and Awsten was running free. No one was here and the beach was pretty much clear of anything he could trip on. I smiled as I watched my purple lovely ran down the beach.
I sat back down on the sheet I brought with us, I stared into the ocean. The waves were angry looking but it's not like it made a difference to Awsten and me.
"Geoff!" I heard Awsten yell, I shot up and ran over to where he was. He had his hand placed on a dolphins side. It was beached and obviously not gonna make it. "She's hurt, can we help her?" Awsten asked looking in the direction that he heard me come from.

"Lilac... I really don't think we can, she looks to be in a lot of pain. I'm gonna call the local marine life center." I held his hand and pulled my phone out of my pocket before dialing the number.

"Hello,"

"Yes, my husband found a beached dolphin why we were on the beach. She looks like she's in a lot of pain and I'm not sure if she can make it or not."

"Were at Ship Wreck beach,"

"Yes on the west end,"

"Thank you, see you soon, bye." I slid my phone in my pocket. "Aws they're coming but the only thing we can do right now is pore some water on her gills.

"Oh, okay," I saw him working on taking off his shoes. He and I waited into the water a bit before filling my water bottle with ocean water and dumping it on her. It seemed to help a bit, I saw the truck that read the marine life thing on it and Awsten and I decided we would stick around to tell them some information then leave to get out of their way.
---------------

As we drove to a 7/11 I got word the dolphin didn't make it. It hit Awsten kind of hard, but he had a heart of gold and a soft spot for animals. "Aws it's okay," I held his hand and kept the other one on the steering wheel. "She was suffering it was a relief for her, you wouldn't want an animal to suffer. Right?" I asked him.

"N-no," he stuttered, I decided to take a detour to 7/11 and go get him something important from the souvenir shop. Even though we both have lived in Astoria all our lives and traveled to Seaside which was only a half hour drive. We had moved into an apartment in Seaside. I parked the car and he climbed out, we walked in. "Geoff this isn't 7/11," he sighed.

"I know," I walked over to the little nicknacks. I looked through a few before I found a bracelet that had small plastic dolphins as the chain he would like this. I placed it in his hand and he felt it for a second before looking up at me.
"This is to remember the dolphin we helped today," I said quietly, he smiled and we walked to the check out counter and I bought him the bracelet. I fastened the bracelet to his wrist before placing a kiss on his cheek. We walked out to the car and finished our drive to 7/11 where we bought slushies. Awsten sat on the bench looking all cute and dramatic so I took a picture of him.

 Awsten sat on the bench looking all cute and dramatic so I took a picture of him

I loved Awsten so much I would do anything for him. I would take a bullet for Awsten. Anything to protect my purple lovely.
--------------------