A good ol' game of musical plates

Matt's P.O.V

I can't believe she said that. My cheeks are flushed so much and I think Nate noticed. Oh God, what am I going to do? I need to save mine and Nate's friendship even though I really want to be his boyfriend so badly. That is my biggest dream. I lifted my head up to see Nate staring at me. "Um it's crazy now this is our first appearance together and she already thinks we would be a cute couple" I stuttered through the sentence and started rubbing the back of my neck. Gosh, keep it together Matthew! He nodded while humming. "How's your food?" I asked to break the tension. I only just realised that it had arrived. Nate looked up from his plate and smiled at me. " It's ok, I could've had yours but meh. " I looked at him and asked if he wanted to try mine. He looked hesitant but smiled and nodded all the same. I gave him my plate and his eyes widened in shock. "Matt I said I wanted to try it not have the whole thing!" I shook my head and continued to push the plate towards him. " have it, I'm not that hungry" He looked at me skeptically. I gave him a reassuring smile and nodded my head towards the plate. He then pushed his dish towards me. "Here, there's not a lot on this plate. You have got to at something." I signed and took the plate. He smiled triumphantly. God, he is so caring and kind and cute an.... Matthew! You can't think of you friend like that, especially one that surly won't like you back. I must have been gone out for a while as I finally came back to reality Nate has eaten his lunch. I really enjoyed today, I want to do it again. So I made a good move, well for me anyway. "Hey Nate, I really enjoyed today, do you maybe wanna trade numbers so we can hangout again?" My voice became quieter as the sentence went on. I nervously chuckled at the end of the sentence. Thankfully he smiled and agreed. Mission 1 accomplished.
===============================================================================================

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I really need ideas for this book so my comments are always open for anyone with an idea. Love you all,

Byeeeeeeee