Chapter 7: The Attack

"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

Meiko let out a loud, shrill scream as she and Kaito started shooting absolutely everywhere, without even thinking on where to aim.

"Ah! Everyone! Take cover!" Teto yelled at everyone. Everyone scrambled to find a place to defend themselves. Teto, Neru and Haku dove behind a wooden table that was leaning on its side, creating a shield. Nana and Ritsu ran into the kitchen and ducked under the kitchen counter.

Suddenly, they heard the sound of glass breaking. They all snapped their heads towards the ceiling, which was made of glass. The entire ceiling came crashing down. They all braced themselves as the glass hit the ground. Right when they thought the chaos was over, something else fell to the ground. No, it wasn't something. It was someone. A few someones.

It was Luka, Miku, Rin and Len. Apparently, they were the ones who broke the ceiling. "Teto! The Vocaloid Mafia is here to stop you!" Miku announced confidently.

"Neru, what are you waiting for!? Shoot them down!" Teto ordered Neru. "Yes, Teto!" Neru replied. She got out her gun from her pocket and started to shoot them.

"Guys! We need cover!" Miku yelled at her friends, dodging the bullets that were coming right towards her and the others from Neru's gun. "Over there!" Luka shouted, pointing at the other side of the 'battlefield'.

It was another wooden table. Knowing what she meant, Len got out his gun and shot a certain spot on the table, causing it to tip over and lean on its side, just like the Utauloids shield. They ran towards it and ducked behind it.

At that point, it was absolute chaos. No other noises were heard other than loud gunshots and screams coming from the Utauloids.

"What do we do!? What do we do!? We're gonna die here!" Rin panicked. Suddenly, Len spoke up. "Miku. Rin. Luka. Try to find our money so we can get out of here." He lifted his gun up. "I'll hold the Utauloids off."

"No, Len! Don't! It's too dangerous!" Rin pleaded. "Don't worry. I'm a gunner. I know what I'm doing." Len quickly replied. He slowly lifted his head to face Neru. He started to shoot her.

"You wanna die!?" Neru yelled tauntingly at Len. She continued to shoot him, occasionally ducking back behind the table to make she doesn't get shot.

"Alright, that's it! If we keep up this fight any longer, those god damn Vocaloids will find their money and escape! It's time to begin the emergency plan!" Teto announced to everyone.

"Haku, call the authorities! Tell them to come to the building next to Lilia Lake!" Teto ordered, yelling out loud to make sure she heard her. "Nana! Ritsu! Go to the top floor and sound the emergency alarms! That should call the real Defoko to come and pick us up!" Teto continued telling everyone what to do.

"Neru, keep shooting Len! Try to take him down! If you can't, keep him distracted! If my plan works in the way it should, Defoko should arrive and quickly pick us up before the police arrive! So, that means, we'll be able to escape and the Vocaloid Mafia will be arrested!" Teto finished. "Genius idea, Teto!" Nana complimented Teto. "No time for chit chat! GO!" Teto yelled.

"Yes, Teto! They all said simultaneously. Haku dialled 911 and spoke to the dispatcher on the phone. Nana and Ritsu came out from under the kitchen counter and dashed towards the stairs. Neru continued shooting Len.

Luka noticed Nana and Ritsu running up the stairs. She could sense something was up. "Miku. Rin. Find the money without me. I'm stopping Nana and Ritsu from whatever they're doing." Luka quickly said before chasing the two of them. Miku and Rin stayed behind the table, watching Len as he continued to shoot Neru.