Part 2

The lycan kept you in his tent away from prying eyes for the time your foot needed to heal. He brought you food and clothes, made sure you never want for anything. Although you refused to talk to him nor to anyone else, he remained as tactful and kind to you which surprised you.

You were still dreading any unforeseen change in his behavior, because to you, this positive image making him the perfect host in the whole kingdom was only a chimera, a frail illusion that would disappear if you ever showed reluctance or had the shadow of a doubt about your intentions.

You stayed in his tent, bedridden for approximately six days, but you knew if you dared step outside he would be on your heels or someone would surely warn him about your bold move.

You planned to leave someday, you simply waited for a favorable day.

At the end of the first week of being there, when your ankle did not feel sore anymore and did not hurt you whenever you would lean on it, you waited for the moment the man who had introduced himself to you as Taehyung would come; always punctual, right after the first rays would have illuminated the inside of the tent.

You waited on the bed and a few minutes later, you heard the heavy shuffle of his feet, dragging across the wooden floor of the steps right in front of the entrance, hands holding a plate with your food. He walked inside and was surprised to see you actually staring up at him. Usually, you would fake sleep, waiting for the instant he would walk back out again.

You had almost forgotten what he looked like, almost forgotten about his true nature. His gaze was soft after surprise had left them as he continues to watch you, his feline obsidian eyes gazed at you with a genuine tenderness you ignore the real reason behind.

His mouth still consisted of those two plump rosy petals that stretched into a timid smile. Although, he said nothing for he understood you wouldn't say anything back. You lowered your eyes, and he resumed entering to set the trail on the wooden table he had brought from the outside and place it next to the very large bed you were occupying.

Taehyung walked back towards the outside and you rose from the bed. He froze in front of you and gradually turned around to meet your unwavering gaze. He took some time inspecting you, staring at your face with the same soft gaze, taking in your features he found so graceful.

His voice came out hoarse, "do you want to go out? Are you feeling better?"

You nodded and hoped his kindness would extend so as to have him accept your unspoken wishes. He simply stepped aside and lifted the tent fabric, letting the sun bathe you for the first time after several days plunged in shadows. You glanced him, at first doubtful but then gratefulness overwhelmed you, and you slowly walked out of the tent.

It was your first time seeing the camp in the daylight, but the lycan's tent seemed on the bank of it. There were mostly trees enclosing it, similar to the ones you had seen in the forest during the hunt except they did not hold the same aura, as the sun bestowed its light upon them, giving them almost a dreamy appearance.

You walked down the stairs and breathed in deeply, enjoying the change of air. You did not look back and continued walking away from and closer to the trees. You could hear people, surely other members of the camp busying themselves. The place seemed to have doubled in size from what you could glance at and from the few remnants of your memories from that night.

Taehyung remained close but far enough for you to think about yourself on your own. What would he do if you tried to walk away? It was so simple to get a chance to walk out but would he be so pliant to grant you your freedom?

You never caught a glance of him when you remained close to the encampment, but his presence would suddenly come into view out of the corner of your eye whenever you would draw close to, what you thought he considered as, the boundaries of your free zone.