𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

GIYU Tomioka walked silently beside the shorter Pillar, his blue eyes staring off into the distance. Nobody could never tell what he was thinking, his expression was always blank and his mouth was always closed. He continued to keep his gaze fixed in front of them, but it caught the Pillar off guard when he finally spoke.

"This is a dangerous mission. Why did you choose to accompany me?"

Ru blinked in surprise for a few seconds, gathering a response to leave his honey smooth voice.

"In our world, even breathing is quite dangerous itself," He pointed out.

"Breathing is dangerous?" Giyu eyebrows raised at that response. He never heard anyone say that before. Breathing had always been just normal in the world he grew up in, "How is that so?"

"That's for you to find out on more missions," Ru slowly responded as if it was a fun puzzle only a Hashira could piece together.

"I see..." Giyu replied, nodding. He continued to stay silent, glancing everywhere around him as he tried to keep an eye out for any potential danger that could approach them. He wanted this mission to go as smoothly as possible, he couldn't afford to let his guard down.

Ru's grey silt eyes steadily peered over every green bush, studying the depth of movement and lowering them to the ground for any signs of footprints right afterward; repeating the process thoroughly.

"You're interesting,"

He calmly professed to Giyu, eyes focused on his look-out task and body elegantly moving step-by-step.

Giyu looked over at Ru with a raised eyebrow, wondering what he meant by that. He hadn't spoken much during this mission, so hearing Ru say that now was a little odd. He waited for him to elaborate on his statement, wondering why Ru thought he was "interesting."

"You do not eat with us,"

Ru calmly continued as he swiftly circled his index around himself to indicate 'us' meant the Hashira.

"You do not talk to us, that much, actually. Hm, however, you do try to create a friendship with us... in your own way. You stand away during meetings, unless you're personally instructed by Master Kagaya to do otherwise..."

His voice was honey-butter smooth as he spoke every word delicately; his hands elegantly tracing lines on the trees as he bypassed them.

Giyu listened quietly as Ru spoke, glancing down at him occasionally. He was silent as always, waiting for Ru to finish. Ru was right, though. He didn't speak up much or participate in gatherings. He stayed to himself and only spoke when necessary. He was usually seen practicing his sword skills instead of conversing with the other Hashira. He took note of everything he mentioned and nodded slightly.

"And what makes me interesting to you?"

".... It's quite simple, honestly..." He softly murmured, taking a gentle halt in his walking and slowly turned to face Giyu; tilting his head and staring up at the Water Pillar.

"Despite your acts of solitude, you are evidentially lonely. It's interesting,"

He calmly answered as if it was the biggest stamp planted on Giyu's head. And without another word, he swiftly began to walk once more, humming to himself while doing so.

He didn't know what to say to that. Ru was spot-on. Even though he was usually alone by choice, it was true that he felt lonely at times. Ru had a way of understanding people, it seemed. He followed after him, keeping the same pace as before. He stayed silent as he listened to your humming, occasionally glancing at you.