Chapter 5 - let's make a deal

Ashley's POV.

I sat on the couch in mr.Pitts office legs crossed looking around the room. Everything look so put together, it was such a contrast from the rest of the house. His office was rather light while the rest of his house was a bit darker, he didn't really fit with it either. He looked dark like the kind of man that used dark colors for everything i was quite surprised.

"so Ashes.... can i call you ashes?" he asked pouring us some wine.

"only if you want a hole in you head." i growled

"oooookkkkk.... ashley then, as you know i have a rat problem and i heard you are the - do i address you as male or female?" he asked tilting his head to the side.

"doesn't matter back to the point." he is really starting to irritate me.

"i heard your the guy for the job, a very very attractive one at that." as he talks to me he moves a bit closer lightly stroking my shoulder.

"so the rat is a bit of a big problem so what is your price?" he asked.

"50,000" i mean if its as bad as he says he shouldn't mind paying a few pretty pennies.

"mmmmmm.... how about 100,000 i want it done with in two months. i have big plans and i dont want him in my way." 

He continues to touch me and whisper his words in my ear , at one point he even blows in my ear. It's making me a bit uncomfortable when he starts kissing my neck, he crosses the line when hes hand slides under the slit in my dress. I stand up and move away slightly.

"ok deal im going to need all the information you have about him, i don't go into these things without knowing something about my target. i want half the payment tomorrow and you can pay the rest when the job is done." i cross my arms waiting for him to say something.

He frowns a little before standing up, he walks behind his desk and pulls out the Gucci tote bag. He walks ever so slowly back to me, looking me straight in the eyes as he hands me the bag. I take the expensive looking bag and gently set it on the couch, i look at him before opening the bag. Inside........ wads of cash and a few folders, i didn't know how to respond. 

"that's 50,000 cash..... let's meet tomorrow to go over so key details about the rat. sound good to you love?" whispering in my ear and kissing my neck. "keep the bag as a small gift, see you tomorrow."

I am guided out and into a car that drives to my street, i told the driver he could stop here but he kept driving until he was at my place. It sent a shiver down my spine knowing that he knew where i lived , that meant Mr.Pitts knew as well.

looks like im going to have to find a new place.

I head up to my room, take a shower and change my clothes. I look inside the bag and pull out the files, Might as well do some research on this guy as well as Mr.Pitts. I don't trust anyone i work with but this guy really stands out, something out Mr.Pitts is just not sitting well with me and i plan to get to the bottom of it.