Chapter Three

Lexi Draya Fox

Sunday 6 am.

"I need to pee."

The thought crossed her mind but she didn't move.

She stayed in that fetal position, watching the little mermaid swimming with her tropical fish; the scene played out with dramatic background music on her TV screen.

Lexi has long Auburn hair, bright blue eyes, full lips, and skin so pale, that everyone who saw her on the uni Campus would ask her where Edward was. The incessant twilight reference was pesky. She would've smiled if they had compared her to one of the Disney characters instead.

It was an odd routine for a 24-year-old woman to watch Disney movies every night before bed, and as soon as she woke up in the mornings.

But she didn't care.

Real life sucked and the fairytales brought a bit of color to her plodding entity.

Books packed with knowledge were spread out across her bed. The laptop she got from her best friend was there too, as well as the notes she made in class.

She would be up late at night studying, then dedicate two hours to screen time. Her days were practically the same except for when she had to take the bus to campus or volunteer at her friend's small gynecology clinic.

This woman was indeed different from many others. Not only was she delicate in sights, she carried the personality of almost every tragic beginning of the all princesses Disney ever created. At times it would seem as if Ella herself had jumped off the pages and into the land of breakups, endless hookups and bad decisions. Not that Lexi ever made bad decisions.

She always felt...out of place. Not knowing what was really going on in the world she herself was born to live in.

Part of her naivete can be blamed on her best friend. The blonde-haired free spirit floated into her life like a fairy godmother and shielded her from all the crap life intended to throw her way.

Reece is a strong protector. One who could brave any army with her D cup tits, perfect white smile and sun kissed skin. Lexi knew better than anyone that her best friend wore a crown that every man she ever met could see. They all took turns kneeling to her as if she was the Queen of all their stories.

Sometimes, Lexi wished she had even an ounce of Reece's confidence.

"Dray!" She heard her nickname being called as soon as the front door slammed.

That would be her best friend Reece coming back from another exotic trip or expensive date. The men who spoiled her would always send her home with handfuls of gifts.

"I'm in my room." She murmured softly.

Not even 5 seconds later and Reece pushed the door open, carrying three luxury bags hanging from her wrist, a food bag from Mo's Bagel & Deli, as well as two cups of coffee.

"I've never seen a Disney princess look so depressing. They're always cheerful and smiling. You look like you lost your prince charming." Reece teased her as she placed the bags and coffee on the empty side table.

"Ha-Ha very funny." Lexi forced herself to sit up and pushed a smile on her face.

For the past few days, she's been sadder than usual. Her cheerful spirit fading faster than steam dissolved into thin air.

She had no idea why she felt this way. Perhaps her menstrual cycle was about to begin, or maybe it was the hormones in her body banding together to vent their frustration.