Chapter Four

"He said what?" Reece's eyes opened so wide that Lexi was sure they would pop out and roll across the marble tiled kitchen floor.

Lexi told her all that happened with the asshole at the cafe. She only had a few hours to come up with an answer before that man called her. She needed help from her best friend to make the decision.

Reece ran two hands through her blonde hair.

"Say yes when he calls you."

Lexi was definitely not prepared for that reply.

"Did I hear you right? You heard me say he's an asshole, right? He said he's not attracted to me. He basically called me plain and boring. How can you possibly be on board with this?" Lexi was so confused.

Reece was always adamant about her staying away from all men, even some women. She was so serious about this that she would never be on board at any point that Lexi had a crush on someone in the past.

The first boy she ever kissed was kept secret for a full year before she packed the courage to tell Reece about it.

Now here she was agreeing to let her go off with a total stranger. One who had no respect for her or any other woman. What's the catch?

"I know his type, trust me. You're going. And I'm gonna make sure he eats every word that he said to you today." Reece had a fiery look in her eyes. The kind of look she only got when she was out for blood.

Lexi still didn't understand her reasoning at all. She was even more confused now than she was when she stood in front of that guy.

"I don't get it."

Reece made an evil laugh. "I know you don't."

Her best friend dragged her into her room and they entered the walk-in closet. There are luxury items and dresses everywhere. Some still had price tags attached to them.

"What are you doing?" Lexi still did not know what Reece had planned. Even though she could make a guess now that they were standing in Reece's closet.

Reece began sliding dress racks to and fro. The sound of expensive fabric being moved so angrily made Lexi uneasy.

"You don't have to do this Reece. I already told him that if I go, I'd wear my own clothes. I don't want him to think I fixed up for him." Lexi hung her head as she said this. But it was clear that Reece was no longer listening.

She raised her head to find a pile of elegant dresses lying across the ottoman. Different types of heels were taken off the shelves, and Reece had disappeared and returned with a basket of hair and makeup products.

"I'm really fucking pissed right now so I don't have time to go into details, but know this...after I'm done transforming you, that little bitch will never say a bad thing in your presence again. I will make you so attractive that no man at the party will be able to resist you, and believe me, by the night is over, he will beg you like the dog he is. He will beg you to be his...and you will reject him much harsher than he did today. Men like him make me sick. If I ever had a little brother like him, I'd beat him with a stick." Reece seethed with anger and determination.

Lexi was overwhelmed by the time Reece finished ranting. She was already being stripped naked and urged to try on the dresses that Reece had picked out.

What did I get myself into?

When Reece wanted to prove someone wrong, she would go above and beyond to make her point. This was one of those times that she was determined, and trying to change her mind would be futile.