| 1 |

OCTOBER 1988

OCTOBER 1988

IT WAS A RAINY DAY IN THE TOWN OF DEERY.

Sarah Denbrough was stuck inside with her brother, Bill since they both had the flu. Tissues were scattered along the twins' bed as well as a trash can beside their beds.

The room was faintly lit by one lamp and by the window in their room and could faintly hear the sound of their mother playing the piano downstairs. Sarah was reading her book, while Bill was drawing l to pass the time to feel better until they heard someone knock on their door.

"Billy? Sarah?"

The twins looked up and saw their younger brother Georgie. He was younger by 6 years and was always close to his older brother and sister, looking up to them as his idols.

"Hey Georgie."  Sarah said placing her book down.

"Are you hear for your b-boat G-Georgie?" Bill stuttered.

Georgie nodded and went over to the window to look outside and wait for Bill. Sarah gave Bill a thumbs up because he was getting better about his speech. Bill did have a stutter but with Sarah helping him he was getting better and hopefully he wouldn't have it anymore.

Billy began to fold the paper so he could make it into a boat for Georgie. All three of them were suppose to go today but since Sarah and Bill had the flu Georgie was going to go alone.

Georgie made a smiley face on the window when Bill was putting the final touches.

"You sure I won't get in trouble, Bill?"

"Don't be a w-wuss." Bill says.

"We'd come with you if we weren't-" Sarah coughed before finishing her sentence. "-dying."

"Your not dying." Georgie says to them moving away from the window to them.

"You didn't see the v-vomit coming out of my nose this morning?"

"That disgusting." Georgie says making a face.

"Yeah and I had to see that." Sarah says rolling her eyes.

Bill folds the paper and Sarah gets off her bed and goes over to his.

"There's something missing." Sarah says looking at the blank paper. She grabbed Bill's pen on the nightstand and wrote on the boat S.S Georgie.

"There." Showing Georgie. "That's what it needed a name."

"Okay go get the wax." Bill says to Georgie making the smile he had on his face turn into a frown.

"In the cellar?" Georgie asked fearfully.

"You want it to f-float don't you?"

"Fine..." Georgie says grabbing his walker talkie and leaves the room to get the wax.