| 2 |

JUNE 1989

JUNE 1989

IT WAS THE NEXT DAY and Bill, Richie, and Sarah were all at Eddie's house loading up on snacks before they went to the Barrens.

"Take everything but the delicious deals, guys. My mom loves them." Eddie tells them as they open the cabinet seeing what they could grab.

Sarah looks over and sees a box of skittles and takes those and shoving it into her bag.

"Hey! First you said the Barrens, and now you're saying the sewer. I mean, what if we get caught?" Eddie asks Bill.

"We won't, Ed's." Sarah reassured him putting a hand on his shoulder.

"The sewers are p-public works. We're the public, aren't we?"

Richie goes over to the other cabinet and sees all the prescription bottles.

"Hey, Eddie, these your birth control pills?" Richie asked.

"Yeah, and I'm saving it for you and Sarah." He goes over and closes the cabinet, as Sarah blushes. "This is private stuff."

Bill closed the cabinets and all of them had their backpacks packed and ready to go. As they were leaving they were all stopped by Eddie's mom.

"Eddie Bear, where you all off to in such a rush?" She asked while painting her finger nails.

"Um... j-just my backyard, Mrs.K. I got a new-" Bill couldn't think of anything so Sarah punched Richie's arm to say something.

"A new croquet set. Jeez, spit it out, B-Bill."

Eddie's Mom seemed to buy it and she nodded her head to the group.

"Okay. Oh, and sweetie, don't go rolling around on the grass. Especially if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get."

"Yes Mom. Let's go." Eddie tells them and tries pushing them out the door.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Mrs.K asks.

Eddie sighs and walks over to his mother and gives her a kiss on the cheek. Richie and Sarah snicker as he comes back over.

"Do you want one from me too, Mrs.K?" Richie asks.

Sarah shoved him out the door and Eddie looks at his mom.

"Sorry mommy." Eddie says and closes the door.

"Gross Richie." Sarah says as she goes over to her bike.

"What? I thought I was being sincere."

"Shut the fuck up, my mom already hates you don't add to it." Eddie says and gets on his bike too.

"Hey guys." Stan arrives on his bike as well and goes over to Eddie.

"To the Sewers?" Sarah asks them.