How We Met

Do you know about the tale of the girl with the red cape? How she was eaten by the Big Bad Wolf? How the Wolf deceived the innocent girl? What if I told you that was a lie? You wouldn't believe me. I'm here to tell the true story of how the Big Bad Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood actually met.

It all started in late October when the chilled air was refreshing to the village constructed of rock and wood in a small forest. I lived in a house 50 yards away from that village (it's more of a big cabin). I was 10 years old at the time and I usually strayed from home. I was wearing my (oversized) red cape over a white dress stretched to my knees and my normal brown leather boots. Why not take a small walk through the woods since it's boring at home? This thought appeared daily every month of every year.

I was skipping along through the forest when I heard continuous yelling from one side of the forest! Surprisingly, a boy with black hair, a dark tail, two fuzzy ears and was only wearing torn brown shorts appeared from the bushes! He looked my age. Are the ears and tail real? I inspected him closer. He had scars, bruises, scratches, and burn marks!

We stared blankly at each other. I could now see faint lights in the direction of the screaming... they were torches! It was a mob! He was being chased! In my mind, I thought he was some kind of murderer or some freak who was bold enough to do something dumb and break one of the villages rule. I ruled out those questions because of the bleeding bruises and scratches. I had to help him! The yelling sounded louder. The mob was getting closer so I hesitated on my actions. I couldn't decide quick enough so...

"Hey, follow me!" I called to the boy.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

We ran continuously. He ran with a limp and agony on his face. He probably made contact with the mob. I couldn't stand the pain on his face so I forced myself to stop. What happened to him? We were a few yards from my house (cabin) so I knew we were at a safe distance from the mob. The yelling faded after waiting a few minutes.

"What happened to you?" I could see tears running down his face. Did I say something wrong? Was it the pain?

"Why am I like this...?" He murmured.

"What do you mean?" He was crying for another reason.

"They hate me, don't they?"

"Umm...sit down. Im a good listener." I said with a faint smile.

He sat down but with agony... he was really hurt. I sat down next to him trying to comfort him. I had to help him!

"Wait here! I'll be right back!" I told him. I didn't think things through so I had no idea how to help him. I ran into my home and frantically searched for supplies. I came back with a rag and alcohol in my hands. I don't think I was helping him at all...

"T-This will sting but it'll clean the bruises." I told him.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

He yelled as of he wanted to die... I shouldn't have done that. My parents probably went out to gather plants that day because I didn't see them inside the house (cabin). The boy couldn't stop growling... it was my fault! I knew his body ached from the burning sensation of the alcohol. I couldn't leave him now! I put his arm around me and carried him inside to keep him away from the cold of night. He yelled every time I took a single step. I laid him on my bed as gently as I could to create less pain but that made no difference. He grit his teeth.

All that pain...Why him?

___________________________________________________

Well, thanks for reading! :3

This is my first story so I'm sorry for any mistakes or amateur like grammar!