five

the ocean was incredibly breathtaking.
and so was the man jungkook had been trying to describe to his three fellow hunters about an hour later.
he approached them panting, having ran everywhere in search of both his friends or the man, whichever came first.
when finally stumbling upon them the first thing he utters was a quiet
"you will never believe what i just saw."
and unsuprisingly they didn't believe, not just yet, as from tales and stories they heard in taverns of the various places they have been, mermaids no longer existed.
the team continued striding along the island, none so far having luck finding the stone but it was still full of excitement as jungkook spouted many details to describe the merman from earlier.
the others were conflicted after time over whether or not the youngest male could make these stories up and if a mermaid really was out there.
as the search stretched out into early evening, hoseok and yoongi were sent to set up camp for the night since sleeping on the ship wasn't all that luxurious when compared to the view from the island and namjoon and jungkook were diligently fishing for dinner.
it was tranquil, the sun setting agonizingly slow, and a calm silence resting among the boys.
namjoon turned to jungkook, and as if he had been pondering this since he first heard the younger's excitment asked him
" whatever you say i promise to believe you, but did you really see a mermaid?"
jungkook upon hearing those words shook his head and grinned widely with a slight twinkle in his eye as he looked directly at namjoon.
"not a mermaid, but a merman hyung. the most ethereal beauty i have ever laid eyes on."

nobody cares but lemme tell you AP CLASSES ARE HARD so thats why i ghosted but i didn't have that much hw today so here i am and now i will go