Nothing's Over

Taemin scrutinized furtively at the young lady who had been at his flower shop for almost a few hour from the corner of the counter. She seemed rather lonely; looking through all kind of flowers throughout the shop impassively. Usually, people who came at the shop would be so passionate when they saw pretty flowers, but in this case, she didn't seem intrigued at all.

On top of that, he definitely knew she wasn't a type of person who'd stay quiet at all time. In short, she was a good, smooth talker. Plus, she was bubbly, vigorous and full of laughter. To see her in this kind of condition, it felt certainly weird. Like seriously, he wondered what had gotten into her.

"Naeun-ah," he call for his girlfriend, who seemingly busy checking the newly-arrived stocks next to him.

Naeun stopped jotting down notes, putting the ballpen aside and peered at him keenly. "Oppa, what's the matter?"

"Look at Eunji-yah," he murmured, pouting his lips at the said girl's direction. "What's up with her? She looks weird. I mean, she's been at our shop for a quite while yet she doesn't chat anything to us. I thought the reason she's here is because she wanted to meet us but it turns out otherwise."

Observing painstakingly at her, Taemin added vigorously, "I suppose she's got problems, Naeun-ah. That's why she looks kind of gloomy. Don't you feel it's weird to see her in this state, do you?"

Naeun couldn't help but agree with her partner. It was rare to see her best friend or as known as her twin, in this gloomy condition. She had been with the latter for a long time; since they were in elementary school yet Naeun had never seen her friend in this state. Jung Eunji was widely known as a bright, full of smiles girl by everyone, though.

"Ah, I see," she spoke, "I'm sorry, oppa. I didn't notice Eunji unnie's mood since I was busy with this newly-arrived stocks."

"That's okay." Taemin beamed a reassuring smile. "Naeun-ah, I think you should talk to her since you're her best friend. Ask her if she's got problems or something that makes her look different than usual."

Thinking that it was a decent idea to do as her best friend, Naeun instantly nodded in agreement. "I get it, oppa. I will try my best to help Eunji unnie."

Without delay, words escaped from Naeun's lips as she waved her hand at Eunji, who was facing at their direction. "Unnie!"

Flabbergasted, Eunji jolted at the call and briskly looked at her. "Naeun-ah, what's the matter?" she asked in puzzlement as she walked towards the counter.

As she reached the counter and sat in front of the couple, she threw another keen question. "What's up, Naeun-ah?" She peered at Naeun and then, shifted her gaze at the smiling Taemin. She had no idea what was this couple up to that they looked pretty weird.

"Naeun-ah's got something to ask you, Eunji-yah," said Taemin on his girlfriend's behalf.

"Oh, really?" Eunji merely raised an eyebrow. "What is it, Naeun-ah? Do you want me to help you deliver flowers or do you want to leave your shop since I was here for ages!" She chuckled at her own words.

The younger just shook her head and smiled concernly. "Unnie, do you have problems?"

She was thrown off guard upon her question. It wasn't what she expected. A lively smile that tugged on her lips seemed to have faltered at once. How came her friend know that she got problems at the moment? Did she look so obvious in her every action?

***

Taeyeon eyed her sister meticulously after Baekhyun had left alone outside the restaurant after the unfinished dinner was blown by the breaking incident that swept in an instant. She had promised to Baekhyun that she will not take a long time since the younger was now waiting for her in the car. She needed to talk to Seohyun for a moment.