Love Note

"Luhan-ah," Chen said as he stood in front of the door, peeking a sight of the busy Luhan with his paperworks.

"Hmm?" He plunked his pen aside and tilted his head at his friend keenly. "What's the matter?"

"Let's go lunch after this. My treat." He knew Luhan was a person who wasn't inclined to eat during lunchtime; he would rather do his own things in his office room. Still, he asked him in case if he wanted to go lunch today since his girlfriend, Luna couldn't make up today.

Luhan grinned elatedly, causing his friend to be dumbstruck. "I'm sorry, Chen-ah but I can't make it. I've already had a lunch date after this."

Chen raised an eyebrow, giving the elder a surprised look. "Oh, really? It's okay then," he answered, "but who's the person, Luhan-ah?"

"Yoona," he simply stated, smiling broadly again.

"Yoona? Seriously?" His eyes widened due to the shock. "I thought you two had a fight recently."

Luhan chuckled amusingly. "Well, I have no idea too but just now, she suddenly texted me to have lunch together." The moment when his wife asked him for lunch, he was astounded for a minute. It was beyond his expectation that the latter would actually want to eat lunch together after what had happened this morning. Maybe she had decided to give him a second chance? Well, it might be true but Luhan didn't want to put any hope on it because he didn't want to be disappointed in the end.

"So does that mean she wants a reconciliation?"

"Maybe," Luhan simply answered. A bright smile flitted his face unconsciously. He was really looking forward to the lunch.

***

Another silence broke in the atmosphere and it made the two of them become even more uncomfortable and restless. Kyungsoo would rather juggle with his cell phone meanwhile Kai was doing nothing than sipping his drink and staring at Kyungsoo occasionally.

"Uhm, Kyungsoo, are you, uhm, fine?" Kai tried his best to break the air of awkwardness. He looked at the apathetic elder with a pair of hopeful eyes that he would respond to his question.

"Hmm?" Kyungsoo was undoubtedly startled by his sudden question. He widened his eyes slightly and tried to be calm. He didn't want to be frail in front of him. "I'm just... fine. You?"

"I'm just... like always," he replied, "nothing's changed since we last met." A heavy sigh was heaved sluggishly at the end of his remark.

"Really?" He frowned. "I thought you were happy being with Yoona..."

He chuckled, almost bitterly. "Who says? Rather of feeling happy, I felt like being in hell."

His frown deepened as if he was trying to get a grasp of his words. "What'd you mean, Kai-yah? I don't understand."

"Well, it's not that important, though... so don't bother thinking about it," Kai answered plainly and the latter nodded in agreement.

"Anyway, Kyungsoo-yah..." The younger fidgeted edgily at his seat as he peered at him meaningfully. "About what Eunji had said when both of you came over to my office, did you-"

"Eunji didn't mean to say those words to you. I know her. She's not a girl who would do that."

"Then we are still friends?" Kai asked curiously, his eyes widened in anticipation.

"You think?"

The younger snorted slightly. He then curved a grin on his lips. "I think we're still friends."

"Then let's just follow what you think," Kyungsoo replied, smiling.

He breathed out a sigh of relief after hearing the words from his mouth. They were still friends but somehow, he felt skeptical. A tinge of peculiarity suddenly stabbed through his heart. He wanted more than a title of 'friend'. But he shouldn't be greedy. Kyungsoo had accepted him as a friend though he had done something so horrible to him so why should he demand for more?