Ego Returns With A Vengeance!

As we were talking with Odin, Pietro and I heard a crash. Everything went quiet and stayed quiet until I saw Ego and he yelled, "I know you and your little friends took the Tesseract, Peter! Give it back!" Odin and a guard guided everyone except us fighting to a safer place. Pietro and I gripped each other's hand and geared up. "The Tesseract belongs in its rightful place!" Thor and Loki yelled. "This dreadful place? I don't think so. I need it to make an army at my planet!" Ego scoffed. "You're not going to get it, Pops," Quill remarked, "and that's final." With that, Ego made the ground shake again and Cap yelled, Everyone evacuate! Now!" Just as Pietro held the back of my head and my arms and we sped off, I heard a crack in the ceiling and something fall. Next thing I know, Pietro and I were trapped. We both were knocked unconscious.

"Pietro! Cate! Can you guys hear me?" I heard Cap call out. I heard Pietro groan and say, "I can. She's still coming to." As I woke up, I saw Cap, Groot, Thor, and Drax lifting the remains of the ceiling off of us. I looked at Pietro and whispered, "You okay, darling?" "I'm okay, baby. I think my leg and arm are broken though." He replied. JARVIS told me, "I advise you to not move. You have two slipped discs in your spine, a hairline fracture in your neck, and severe contusions." "Is that all?" I replied. "You have four broken ribs." He said. I grunted and tried moving a little, but Cap stopped me and said, "You heard J. Stay still." He called Stephen over and a minute later, through a portal, he arrived. "I swear I'm going to kill Ego." I said between clenched teeth. "Ain't happening. You and Pietro need to lay low." Stephen said. He treated Pietro first, and then me. Stephen lay me flat, knelt behind me, put his hands on either side of my head, and told me, "Stay strong. This will hurt like hell." "Okay." I whispered. I closed my eyes and then, I felt shocks running through my body. "Stephen!" I cried out. "These shocks will heal you! Hold on!" He assured me. As I had my eyes closed, I heard Ego yelling and falling....then nothing. I felt my wounds heal. A minute later, I was okay! I opened my eyes, thanked Stephen, and slowly sat up.

Once Ego's body was dumped, Odin and everyone including Parker and Abilene came back. We spent the night there and left back to HQ in the morning.