L I G H T S N A M S E O K

Hoseok grunted as he stepped down from a wobbly stool, a gulp of breath he didn't realize he was holding in, coming out of his mouth

Hoseok grunted as he stepped down from a wobbly stool, a gulp of breath he didn't realize he was holding in, coming out of his mouth. He leaned over and stretched his aching back and neck from standing and stretching his body almost all day.
He bent down and rechieved the water bottle resting on the floor beside him. He took a few refreshing sips before exhaling and setting it on the ground again.

He was currently on his balcony, a medium size extension from his shared apartment that offered a wondrous view at night. Where a cascade of city lights were visible, tiny little flickering lights in the distance. The same look Hoseok wanted to recreate as he tried to string lights on the ceiling and across the door leading to the balcony.

The balcony wasn't small, but then again it wasn't enormous or an applauding factor.
It was more of a big, odd shaped rectangle that had chairs, tables, a few small couches, a pull out bed and a few plants around. It had eye pleasing, weather proof furniture and items that decorated the balcony. Even with the furniture and pretty lights seen from eight floors above the ground. Hoseok thought he should customize and brighten the place up, literally.

So there stood Hoseok on an wooden wobbly stool, above the distant city lights and setting sun as it was currently about seven pm at night. And setting up, well atleast trying to set up a string of lights.

He had currently only one side of the lights attached to the wall while the rest snaked down to the floor. A string of immaculate golden spheres that shone and radiated a matching golden glow.

Hoseok stepped off the stool to bend down to grab the other side of the lights and attach it to the hook he just took about an hour to install. He made sure both sides were secure and stepped back down once again to admire his work. A string of lights hanged down in an glowing smile from the door to the balcony.

He turned around to look out from the balcony, seeing pink and dark clouds as the sun set, meaning it would be night soon and he still had more lights to hang up.
Hoseok grabbed another pair of lights, this one a long length of silver and gold stars he planned to hang above the ledge. He wanted it stand out in the dark and match with the lights and stars that glowed quite similar in the background.

This time he had to be careful, he didn't want to accidentally drop the lights off the ledge, or worse, he himself dropping over the ledge. Instead of using a wobbly stool, Hoseok grabbed a chair that sat at one of the tables on the balcony and set it near the ledge. There were already hooks over here in the ceiling he guaranteed were for other use but used them to hang up his lights. He grabbed one side of the lights and attached it to one side, tying the end into a loop and gently resting it over the hook.

He stepped down to grab the other side of the lights, stepping back on the chair to hang it up. Just as he was about to bring it over the hook, a pair of strong hands gently grabbed his waist, surprising him.

Startled, Hoseok yelped and dropped the lights, which luckily only dropped to the balcony floor with a light clatter. Hoseok glanced back and placed his hands on the familiar hands on his waist to steady himself. Turning slightly around to glare at the person behind him.