Hang In There (Part 1 of 2)

(A/N) I warned you. Major character death, angst and suicide. Full with feeeeels. I do not responsible for any heart broken from reading this.

I've been having this idea for months and just got the right fingers to write it now.

For now, enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirens blazzing on the road of Bludhaven. In one of the tall apartments, someone lived with himself in a lonely surrounding, despite the noisiness in his head. A young man is sitting down on a chair. He's staring down on his hands. His right hand seems to be gripping and shaking a bottle, while his left hand is handing down on the tip of the bottle, getting the items that fall from the bottle. Bit by bit he swallow down the items. A pills.

The voices from the past keep haunting him everyday, every night, even in his sleep. He's going to end it tonight.

"You never trust us. Why are you doing this without telling us?! Especially me, M'gann, Batgirl and your brother?!"

"You almost makes M'gann killed Kaldur. If we known this from the start!!"

"I can't work with a traitor who masked himself as our leader."

"Dick, why won't you tell me or Barbs? I thought we're family.."

"You involved Artemis! We've told you, we already retired from this! I thought you're my best friend, Dick! "

Dick..

Dick...

The memories surface again. He betrayed their trust, he should've known the consequences. He's the one who trained by the Batman. Hey, he saved the planet, shouldn't he at least got himself a praise by his family and chugging Bruce's expensive wine. That was one of the possibility played in his mind, but Wally lost himself in the speed force.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His teammates cries and mourning for Wally. Artemis's cries stabbing his heart. He didn't see this coming. As much as he hope it's a part of his plan like the previous mission with Artemis and Kaldur as the double agent, he know Wally has gone.

"Artemis, he wanted me to tell you.."

"No...No..."

"He love you.."

They got themselves a position in Watch Tower as the Mount Justice has been blown to pieces and need to be reconstruct. Most of them giving him a silent glare, as he keep pretending it's not. Kaldur and Artemis keep telling them that it's not his fault and he did his best to keep the world safe. He's not meant to be their leader, not anymore. He found Bart in the memory room, looking over his predecessor's hologram. He is the new Kid Flash, he will hold onto the honorable tradition.

Dick grab softly Bart's shoulder. Bart's flinched from the touch, "You did a great job, Bart."

Bart's eyes swelled with tears, "Not good enough to save Wally. I should run faster, so Wally don't have to gives out his share for the kinetic energy."

Dick's eyes widen. Did the kid just blamed himself for what happen. And he thought, he's the one who should be getting that. He kneel down a bit, so he could see eye-on-eye with the speedster,

"Hey.. You're doing just fine , okay? This is not official yet, but Flash and Batman think he is stuck in some sorts of speed dimensional thing. Batman will find a way, oh hell, I'll drag myself to help them if Batman didn't kick me out, again"