Part1:

Elly, how can you be so careless!

But ma! Its just a seatbelt!

Ellys mother glared. Just a seatbelt? Just a seatbelt! Ill have you know young lady that it is not just a seatbelt.

Here we go again, thought Elly.

Elly, you have to know that Seatbelts serve as lifesavers. Ellys mother huffed.

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

Elly mockingly mimicked her mothers mouth moved her mouth. In 2018, more than 150,000 drivers and their passengers here in the US were saved by the seatbelts. Elly shrugged and rolled her eyes. Her mother continued. People are dying right now from car crashes!

Elly whined. But, that doesnt mean the other people could be me!

Elly! I am only trying to keep you safe.

Elly scoffed. She needed a break. Taking the car keys from the brown bowl, she turned towards the door and walked out. Mom. I am not a child anymore. Like, I know how to drive.

Walking out the door, Elly made her way to her car.

In the background, Ellys mom, Erica, was shouting. Elly, you dont have to be an adult, to know you should put on a seatbelt!

Elly continued walking.

Just when she thought her mother had gone back into the house, she heard her voice from the front door of the house.

Dont forget to put on your seatbelt!