Part5:

3 hours later, the private room for critical patients family, was so packed, no one could move. Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and friends. They all showed up, waiting.

Watching.

Crying.

Elly just went into surgery, and everyone was on high alert. Erica walked up and down the halls with worry, etched onto her face. Eventually she was convinced to sit down with the rest of the friends and family, but that didn't stop her palms sweating.

Time went on plodding. Dangerously slow.

Dr. John was gutted. He tried. He really did. Unwillingly, he walked in front of the family. He paused. How was he going to tell them?

Gaining their attention, he spoke. Im so sorry. We tried our best, but she had blood clots in her brain. I-Im so sorry for your loss. Dr. John sat down with them, bowing his head respectfully.

The rest of the family was in shock. No! Youre wrong Dr. John, youre wrong! Erica started pulling her hair, digging into her flesh as if it would take back what she just heard. You promised me she would make it! Erica collapsed to the ground, her family holding onto her as if she may break. This is all my fault, she whispered. My baby. Im so sorry. Mamas sorry.

But, it wasnt Ericas fault. We all know that.

It had happened so quickly. So sudden.

A lot can happen in ten minutes.