Chapter 41

~~

Emir heard a loud bump and turned around to see Zeynep unconscious on the floor.
"ZEYNEP!" He ran back to her, fear clouding his face. "Zeynep... Open your eyes, Zeynep!"
"Mr Emir!" Efsane ran to help him. She was literally in her pajamas since it was after midnight. When she tried to bring her up to her side, Emir stopped her.
"Careful, she's pregnant." He sighed, taking her into his own arms slowly.
"Pregnant?" Eda said out loud, emerging from her room in sleeping clothing as well.
Emir passed by them, taking Zeynep to their room upstairs. "Open your eyes, come on... I had a hard day, I didn't mean to hurt you..." Placing her gently onto their bed, he caressed her face and waited for her to wake up.
After a while, Zeynep blinked her eyes looking around. When her eyes fell on him, she raised instantly in an attempt to get away from him.
"What are you doing? Sit."
"Don't touch me..." When Emir didn't take his hand off of her she spoke louder. "Don't touch me!"
"Calm down-"
"DON'T TOUCH ME!" She shouted almost hysterically, getting away from his hold. "I HATE YOU, WITH MY WHOLE BEING I HATE YOU!"
Emir was looking down and back to her in a repetitive manner.
"Is this why you brought me here? To play with my feelings over and over again and then toss me away?! I thought you wanted to try with me! To be someone else for Poyraz's sake!"
"I am someone else for Poyraz's sake, I am someone else for your sake... But I can't be that man all the time, Zeynep." He argued, a mix of hurt and anger in his tone.
"So in the meantime you're going to break my heart into million pieces just because you want to? What did I do to you, huh?! WHAT DID I DO?! You came to me, destroyed my life, you are keeping on destroying it and you act like nothing is wrong!" Zeynep kept hitting her chest, emphasizing her words. She was only few steps away from totally breaking down.
"Calm down... Don't do that, not in your condition." He tried to keep a calm voice, walking a bit closer to her.
"Stay away from me!" She raised her palm to stop him. "Do you care about my condition now?! Go to hell, Emir! Go to hell! Take everything in here, all your money, all your dirty business and GO TO HELL! I don't need you, I don't need ANY of this! I will take Poyraz and leave! LEAVE YOU!" She yelled the last word, heading back to the wardrobe room and taking out a suitcase.
"Stop this nonsense." Emir followed her and pushed suitcase away.
"Do not touch me!" Pushing him back, she grabbed some clothes and tossed them on the floor. "I won't stay another minute in here! You don't deserve anything, anything of whatever I gave you! You don't deserve Poyraz and as sure as hell you don't deserve this baby in here!" She pointed it at her belly, bursting into more tears.
"Don't do this..." He shook his head at her in a warning way.
"You did this! YOU DID IT! I will file for a divorce and get the fuck out of here! I won't let you poison my son with your cold blooded heart. You aren't a human, you aren't..." She was mumbling, preparing her suitcase.
Emir was looking at her silently, not sure how to act... The only thing he could do was threaten her, he was good at it.
"If you dare to leave this house, you will not see Poyraz for the rest of your lifetime." His voice was now cold as ice.
Zeynep laughed soundly, looking at him. "Am I in Nihan's position or what? Although now it's the opposite, you don't care about me, only for your ego and pride. You are disgusting."
"Shut your mouth." He warned her, raising a finger on her face.
"How could I ever believe that you could love someone when you don't even love yourself? I'd rather die than stay another minute with you!" She spatted, a look of disgust conquering her eyes.
Emir's palm found her neck in an instant, pushing her back on the wall strongly.
"Ah!" She winced as her head hit the wall.
"I had enough of this cheap performance!" He spoke by her ear, not relaxing his grip. "You will not go anywhere!"
"I will leave you!"
"Over my dead body!"
"Don't tempt me. At least I'll be saved from you!" Her hand gripped his own at her neck, trying to get him to let go.
"This baby caught me off guard. It's too early for it, Zeynep!"
"You just admitted that you barely care about me, Emir. What difference does the baby make now or in two years from now? You will never love me anyway." Her eyes filled with tears, while Emir let his hand fall down.
How should he reply to this? Was she right? Was that the case? He didn't even know himself. After Nihan's death, everything else was just a chaos.
"It's better if I go back for a while. I'll take Poyraz too."
"Don't you dare. Poyraz won't leave his house." He said categorically, turning his back on her. "If you want to leave, do it alone. My son is staying here."
"Okay then. I will leave alone." She announced, surprising both him and herself. Emir would never expect she would leave Poyraz behind and dump him. Zeynep would never expect of herself that she would be able to leave her son. But hard times call for drastic measures. She was forced to do it. Emir wouldn't understand that she was serious in any other way.
"I will file for a divorce, my decision still stands." She added, gazing at his stunned face. He didn't expect that turn of events. "One way or another, the court will give Poyraz to his mother." With this, she grabbed the suitcase and went out of the room.
Emir went after her with quick steps. Grabbing her arm, he turned her to him.
"You can't leave me. You will die without me." His eyes roamed all around her face, spitting fire.
"You will die without me in fact, you are just not aware of it... And when you will actually know, it will already be too late." She smiled sadly, making her way downstairs. He was left speechless, unable to move or do anything anymore. What do her words mean? Did he make her hate him for good? The only person who ever cared and loved him for who he was? Yes, he may have just done it.
"God damn it..." He cursed, walking downstairs too. "Wait! Where are you going at this hour?" He called Zeynep who had just opened the door. "Don't leave tonight... Stay. I will take you wherever you want to go tomorrow. You can also take Poyraz with you." He whispered the last sentence as if he didn't actually believe what he had just proposed.
"Good." She simply said, shutting the door. At least she had achieved to have her son by her side.

Next day Zeynep had most of her things packed. Both Efsane and Eda were devastated with the news. She would go back to İstanbul with her son and start anew.
"Just delay it as much as you can." Emir talked with his lawyer about the divorce. "She can go wherever she likes, do whatever she wants, just delay the process for as long as you can." He hung up, throwing his phone away and went back to the living room.
"Are you all ready?" He asked Zeynep, watching her interacting with Poyraz who turned his head to his father with the sound of his voice. "My son." Kissing his forehead, he hugged him close to his chest.
Zeynep looked away, she didn't want to back off now. This was Emir's fault. It was his fault that he would be separated from his son.
He never even respected her in the slightest, it was obvious from the way he reacted about the baby. Like she was some commoner and not his wife... Like she wanted this to happen more than he did... She didn't, she wasn't ready for another baby. But to be honest, who is ever ready to have a child? There's not time for it. It was his reaction that hurt her the most.
"Where will you stay?" Emir interrupted her thoughts. "Not with your parents, I hope."
"There's no more room in their house, they also have Deniz... I will go back to the house I was staying before we got married. It was spacey enough anyway." She replied calmly, having thought about everything.
"Good... You can start managing the clothing stores if you want... They are yours anyway. Although, you will still have access to all my money-"
"I don't want your money, don't you understand?! I never wanted your money! Stop treating me like you found me in the streets!" Zeynep raised up angrily. His behavior was becoming too much.
"I didn't mean to-"
"You never mean to, right?! I am crazy then! I always misunderstand your words!"
"Calm down, you are scaring my son." He widened his eyes at her as a warning, hiding Poyraz in his embrace.
"I can't calm down! I can't! It will only happen when I won't see your face anymore!" She spatted, trying to get Poyraz out of his arms.
"Don't provoke me... Not only you won't get Poyraz but you won't even step a foot out of this house!" Emir moved back a bit, his eyes glistening of anger.
"Really?! You are getting more and more pathetic to me like this."
"Zeynep! Watch your mouth!"
"Go to hell!"
Emir's eyes rolled back but he tried to conceal his anger for Poyraz's sake. He was moving his eyes from Emir to Zeynep trying to understand what was happening. Of course he couldn't understand anything, he was just a baby.
Thankfully for that.

~~

I don't know what you will think about this chapter, I didn't want to overdo it but not pass it on like nothing happened either. Zeynep and Emir are both complicated. No one will give up on the other as much as weird it sounds from Emir's point of view. In her own way, Zeynep is making an effort to change him for the better. Will she achieve it or make things worse? I guess you will know in the next chapters.
Thank you for all the support you have been showing me! 🌹