Chapter 7

Lux's POV

BANG!

Another gunfire. The clones were gaining. Ahsoka and I were running for our lives for god knows how long. I had loads of time to think about the past.

BANG!

"Lux!" My mother, Meena Bonterri yelled, "Come down here and help our guests with their luggage please."

Guests? Okay. Erm...there's that senator from the republic. And who's the other one again? And why is she glaring at me? Are those lightsabers?

I strolled down to the senator and bent to take her luggage, "Please allow me,"

She nodded and I grabbed it and went on to the ah...other one. 

"May I?" I asked politely and she yanked hers away, looking annoyed.

"I can handle it," she stated and scowled as she scanned my face.

Jeez. I raised an eyebrow and she stalked on. She didn't look so bad. Why was she being so distant? I shrugged it off and walked on.

BANG!

That girl, Ahsoka, walked down the stairs looking slightly down. As she passed, I saw her lightsabers clearer. 

"You're a jedi," I said, perched on the top, "Aren't you."

"Yes," she looked back, her anger seemed to have faded, "Why do you ask?"

I sighed, "Before the war, I was always told that Jedi were good," I looked right into her eyes and I could see she was cautious.

"And now?"

Her voice was slightly edgy, as if she was thinking deeply before she said anything. I jumped down and her eyes didn't stray from mine.

"I don't know anymore. There are a lot of terrible things happening. A lot of killing."

I frowned as I remembered the clones who had shot my father. His last breath...his lifeless corpse.

"And now my friends are saying that Jedi are to blame."

"I'm the first Jedi you've met, aren't I?" her voice seemed more loose as if she wasn't tense, saying what she was freely.

"Well...erm....yes."

"Look at me, not so bad am I?"

She crossed her arms and I checked her out. No, she didn't seem so bad. Pretty, innocent, happy. I always imagined Jedi to be ruthless, always angry. Not really peacekeepers. But she seemed better. I liked her version better.

"No," I said looking into her light blue eyes, "Not bad at all."

Her expression turned to slight disgust, "Urgh, well it seems boys are the same whether they're republic or separatist."

Oh yeah, because you totally ask every guy you meet how good you look.

She walked away and I ran up to her.

"Wait," I called, "How many separatists have you met?"

"What?"

"Well, I mean, you think we're all the bad guys. But how many of us have you atually met? And droids don't count."

She sighed, "Well other than military officers such as Grievous and Ventress...none...I guess."

Hah.