Chapter 2

"Come on Andre lighten up a bit!" Jasmine sighed as she walked with the moody male. Ever since last night's contemplating, Andre hasn't been in the best of attitudes and he certainly wasn't in the mood to hide it either. It doesn't help that he has to go to school, the one place that he'd rather not be at the moment, not with all these thoughts on his mind. "What's your problem?" She asked, now slightly concerned.

"Nothing's my problem..." His voice was low and emotionless. "I'm just tired, that's it."

"Tired my ass!" she pulled his arm. "Don't think that I don't know the difference between tired Andre and 'something crawled up my ass and died' Andre! Now tell me what's up or I'm kicking your ass so far up the street you-!" Both stopped as a black car flew pass them, way beyond the appropriate speed limit, and watched it make a harsh turn into the school parking lot. "Who the hell drives like that?!" Jasmine fumed. "You could kill someone!!"

Andre watched the two passengers of the car depart and felt his heart stop as he was forced to face the cause for his moody behavior. Not really thinking, he grabbed Jasmine's hand and ran inside the school, refusing to answer her many questions as to why he was in such a rush.

He couldn't face him, not after having such dark thoughts last night. If he could just go through the whole day without interacting with him, which actually isn't much of a challenge being that they interact with two totally different groups, his life would probably not be so sucky after all and maybe luck would be on his side today.

xxxxxxx

His heart was beating at an inhuman rate, his whole body was shaking, the feeling that he once had in his legs were gone and replaced with a numbness. His palms were sweaty and his whole mind blacked out into a space of nothingness. 'I'm never letting Amanda drive my car again....!' She said she got her license and that she knew what she was doing...apparently she was stretching the truth.

"Wooo!" Amanda jump out of the driver's side. "That was so much fun!" How could almost killing him and herself be considered fun? He stared at the girl as if she was insane.

"Um yea sure..." What was wrong with this girl?

"You know...it was totally nice of you for letting me drive..." Her voice went down to what she considered her 'flirty' voice but Thomas sometimes compares this voice to the sound of a motor more so than actually finding it attractive. She moved to press her body closer to him only for him to step back.

"So guess we better head off to class!" He grabbed her hand and continued walking towards the school. He watched as people stared at them and knew just what they were thinking.

'Aren't they just the cutest couple?!'

'Man I wish I was him!'

'Perfection at it's finest!'

Perfection...Thomas hated that word with a passion. What is perfection? What drives people into believing that there really was such a thing? Yes, to everyone and their mother he and Amanda seemed like the perfect couple, that he seemed like he was the perfect human being. But what if they knew that not even he, Thomas Peterson, wasn't perfect? What if they were to discover that even he had flaws and secrets that he would be damned if they ever came out to the light. No....it was better for them to live in this fantasy, this farce of what a man is supposed to be.

He was so deep into his thoughts he had not noticed that Amanda was saying something. "Huh what?" He stared down at the shorter girl and knew she was upset.

"What is up with you today?" She crossed her arms over her chest. "You didn't even give me a kiss..." And thus Thomas meets her baby 'I want what I want' voice. He sighed before planting a small kiss on her lips.