Chapter 3

Everyone in the lunch room watched in silence as Jackson and Thomas were locked in an intense staring contest. The tension within the room was overwhelming as time went on and the pressure in the air was thick, almost suffocating.

"I said put him down." Thomas repeated, his stance unmoved and his presence speaking authority. Andre was confused. Why was Thomas helping him? They were not friends or anything close to that so he has no reason to be trying to save him? yet here he was staring down at his bully like some wild animal.

"Or what?" Jackson threatened. Now many know Jackson not just for his rough attitude and unappealing personality but also for his violent tendencies. There have been more than a few people who fell victim to his violent temper and the last thing that Andre wanted to do was put Thomas in harms way, not that he was underestimating him.

"Thomas stay out of-"

"I don't like repeating myself..." Thomas's voice was leaking with restraint anger. Honestly Andre never thought that Thomas had the ability to sound as threatening as he sounded at the moment. He could feel the chills running up his spine as his voice resonated throughout the cafeteria. 'Where the hell are the teachers?'

The two men glared at each other, waiting for the other to break. Finally after what seemed like hours...Jackson roughly dropped Andre onto the floor.

"Whatever...faggot lover." He turned and walked away with his goons closely following behind him. He stopped however and turned to face Andre. "This ain't over..." A shiver ran down Andre's spine and he once again felt fear running through his veins.

The crowd that surrounded them started to disperse and shrink, being that the excitement was now over.

"Andre, are you okay?!" Jasmine and Kimmy gathered around me, concern written on both of their faces.

"Yea I'm..." I took a quick glance up at Thomas before staring down at the ground. "...fine." As if fate can be more of a bitch today, a teacher finally decided to show up and demanded an explanation for what had occurred moments ago. Andre was rushed away with his friends, not even given a chance to thank Thomas for doing something so stupid and brave. 'Why would he do such a thing in the first place....?'

xxxxxxx

Thomas watched Andre being taken away and couldn't help but have this disappointed feeling in his heart. Why that feeling was even there was beyond him.

"Tommy are you stupid?!" He heard Amanda screaming from behind him. "You can't just get into stupid fights for some loser! How do you think that would make me look?!"

"Chill out girl." A tall caramel colored male shook his head. "he couldn't just let that dude trash him."

"Shut up Danny!" Amanda huffed before facining thomas once again. "What if you'd got into a fight?! I'm not about to go around school saying I'm dating some thug!"

"Yea cuz everything is about you..." A dark haired pale woman with scarlet contacts rolled her eyes.

"You too Lindsey!" The girl sighed and looked away. Thomas was too deep in thought to truly hear what else friends were even saying.

Why did he do it? He didn't even know the kid yet seeing that guy touch him...it made his blood boil. Seeing that guy....seeing him speaking to him made him want to jump at him right then and there. Was it just for the sake of helping another student or was something else pushing him, something that he had no handle on.

Thomas shook his head. What was he talking about? Obviously he just didn't want he didn't want to see anyone getting hurt. That guy was a jerk and he shouldn't be treating anyone like that. So even if it was another guy or a girl, he would have done the same...right?