the big3 fam

i've always thought about doing this kind of thing but i didn't want to be biased to one company and i wanted to be fair and totally neutral to all sides. let's begin??

music:
SM: They opt for contemporary, catchy and unique songs as title tracks and for me are the best at picking these out. their producers are from around the world and it's said that each week SM can receive about 100 whopping songs for them to choose from. what i also really like about them is how side tracks are easily if not better than their title! the albums are nicely balanced and not so dominant on title tracks.

JYP: hovering in the middle with their song quality. they do have international producers but some of their artists part take in their music. what i don't really like is how, unlike SM, their side tracks will ultimately fall short and either is forgettable, average or bad. just listen to some twice or got7 side tracks and you'll see what i mean.

YG: as you know their artists are put on the spot to make their own music which i like because it comes to them as musicians to create something that's theirs. (exc blackpink, exc blackpink, exc blackpink) their music i feel can be very good or bad and it changes because their artists are always evolving too. good side tracks tho. s/o to Teddy a king.

music videos:
SM: they go for clean and breathtaking mv's that show elegance and aesthetic. if you watch their music videos, you'll notice that SM really cares in the way their artists are styled, how they look and how the overall video is appealing for fans.

JYP: again. in the middle. i have to say that i think JYP groups each tend to have their own kind of concept and JYP will focus their mv's on the concept the group might have. (2PM's beast concept and twice's cute concept)

YG: unexpected. they just kind of have a knack at surprising people and either have it wild and crazy (which they usually are) or a super subtle burn. what i love are the costumes. bigbang, 2ne1 and blackpink i think has the best most outrageous costumes that continue to impress me. their styling is spot on.

choreo:
SM: complicated, memorable and spectacular choreos because of course, professionally made.

JYP: like fine. i would go back to my earlier opinion that they would adjust to a group's concept.

YG: i've always seen bigbang and 2ne1 to not really need any choreo because their stage presence is forreal and their quality live is prioritized. though ikon and blackpink usually has more of a structured choreo.

strengths:
SM: idols from SM in my mind are so spotless and clean. scandal free (almost). there's a certain classy aura that oozes from them and it's quite amazing. they're respected by their juniors (but also kind of everyone) and that's really important. honorable mentions,, Yunho TVXQ, Minho SHINee, Suho EXO.
their strength are strong talented vocalist and out of the world visuals.

JYP: this is random but JYP are proved to have been able to treat foreign idols correctly. and there is also a lot of them in the company. got7 has 3 foreign members and twice has 4.

YG: their idols are also respected individuals but in a more intimidating scary way which i think is so cool. anyway they should be feared because they worked hard from the moment they debuted to surviving the dreaded dungeon and they had to make their own songs in the first place.
their strength are amazing rappers and lee hi. bc she is a dungeon queennie.

flaws:
SM: they pretend and act like they're super problem free and a happy environment to be in but they're the number 1 company when it comes to mistreating their artist, being super strict and unapologetic. even though the goody2 exterior, they produce some horrid artists with terrible scandals they managed to smooth out like they were nothing. SM is a snake not sorry. let's remember onew's groping  accidentS, kangin's multiple DUI's and all the scandals that have happened but are then forgotten.

JYP: they need to stop hanging out in the middle of the two and really step it up. i know they're doing good and they are worth more than YG but they're not as iconic bc JYP fucked up w wonder girls. goodbye.

YG: why is this guy such a mess smh. stop putting so many artists in the dungeon it's getting full. give them what they deserve. give lee hi a comeback, treat winner as equals with iKon, give blackpink more songs. u fucked up with 2ne1 already and that's enough to make me mad Forever.
the difference with SM tho, you already expected YG to be a mess and so when it is (bc of all the damn scandals) then you're not surprised and they have a v fuck it attitude about it too.

the family:
SM: a big family and a conservative community. they are close but respectful and i'm happy that red velvet is close to nct!! bc let's remember what happened with gg and exo:((

JYP: NOW THIS IS WHEN JYP CONQUERS. have u seen videos of twice with stray kids?? they're traight up adorable. also got7's protectiveness and closeness with twice?? ughh it's unbearable. i just think they are the ones that resemble a family most and i'm really happy about that.

YG: everyone knows about 2ne1 and bigbang's relationship, they were basically siblings and wow do i miss them. but these days it's a mess. blackpink and ikon are banned from seeing each other (which i kind of accepted bc my boys are kind of  questionable around women.) but are close and do interact at shows. blackpink is close to winner tho which makes me happy. but i think it's just kind of sad bc it's obvious the three don't spend time together. IKON AND WINNER ARE FRIENDS N NOT COMPETING FOR SHIT stop it