Two

Cheryl reached out to the girl in front of her, motioning for her to sit. Thankfully, Toni got the message, moving to sit next to Cheryl on the couch. Apparently, this wasn't good enough for the redhead, who proceeded to all but crawl into Toni's lap.

"Your hair looks like bubblegum." Cheryl stated, running her hands through Toni's hair with a tender softness, trying to be extra gentle.

"I guess it does." Toni shrugged, letting Cheryl thread her fingers through her hair.

"You're so pretty." Cheryl laughed, smiling as she booped Toni on the nose.

Toni smiled back, laughing lightly, "Why is that funny?"

"You're just," Cheryl squinted, thinking hard, "so pretty" She finally said.

"You're pretty too." Toni said, reaching for Cheryl's hand.

Cheryl stared at Toni confusedly, her mouth hanging open. The serpent ducked her head, trying to look Cheryl in the eyes.

"Cheryl?"

The redhead blinked, a single tear sliding down her face, "You think I'm pretty" Cheryl stated more than asked, pointing at herself, "Me?"

"Of course, Cher. You're beautiful." Toni placed a finger under Cheryl's chin, tilting her head so that she could look her in the eye.

Cheryl smiled, launching herself into Toni's arms and burying her face in her neck.

"You smell nice," Cheryl laughed against Toni's neck, "Like roses" The redhead burst into laughter, her lips brushing against Toni's neck. The pink-haired girl felt her heartbeat speed up as Cheryl burrowed further into her. Calm the hell down, Toni, the serpent thought to herself.

Cheryl continued to giggle for several more minutes, causing Toni to chuckle along with her. When the girls finally calmed down, Toni suggested that they turn the TV on. Cheryl nodded enthusiastically, looking at Toni with wonder.

"Can we cuddle?" Cheryl asked sweetly, although she already was partially on Toni's lap.

Toni smiled widely, a spark of laughter in her eye as she nodded, "Of course."

Cheryl laughed loudly, pure joy written across her features as she moved even closer to Toni, running her hands over the serpent's arms and stomach.

Within fifteen minutes, Cheryl was asleep. Toni smiled at the girl who's head had somehow made it into her lap, running her hands through Cheryl's hair softly. Carefully, Toni maneuvered her cellphone out of the pocket of her serpent jacket, sending a quick text to Josie.

Toni Topaz:
She's asleep.

Almost instantly, Josie appeared in the entry way to the living room. The brown haired girl padded softly into the room, settling down onto the couch before whispering to Toni, "Thank you so much. Can I get you anything to eat?"

"Nah, I'm good but thank you" Toni whispered back.

Josie laughed silently, motioning to the mess of red hair in Toni's lap, "I see you're a little stuck. You can stay the night if you want, my mom isn't gonna be home for a few days."

"Thank you so much Jo, I don't want to disturb her." Toni smiled down at Cheryl, brushing her hair away from her face.

Josie shot Toni a knowing look, "I know she likes you, but I'm beginning to think my girl Bombshell might have a shot with the pretty snake."

Toni blushed lightly, hitting Josie in the shoulder playfully, "You know she's my type."

"Sheep mouth is your type?" Josie laughed, "Should I be concerned?"

"Very funny." Toni rolled her eyes.

"No, you guys would be so cute!" Josie scream whispered, "Oh my god double dates!" Toni's eyes widened.  The brown haired girl bit her lip thoughtfully before blurting out, "I have to text Sweets."