01;

Felicity had always felt alone, like she had no one to go to. So as she sat on her father's bed watching him pack, those feelings of loneliness filled her body.

"Do you really have to go?" she asked, trying to stop herself from crying.

"Felicity, you know I have too."

"I don't want to be alone," she stated, her voice cracking. Her father's heart broke in two as he looked her in the eyes. His whole world was sitting on the bed and he was walking out on her. They only had each other left and it killed him to leave. But it was for her benefit, and that was hard to explain to her.

"If you start to feel alone, just remember how much me and your mom love you and I promise you'll feel better."

Felicity let a tear fall as she continued watching him. She had a strong bond with her father, one that grew in the past couple of years.

"What am I supposed to do all alone?"

"You know what you have to do, Felicity. It won't feel so long, I'll be home before you know it."

"This isn't fair, I didn't ask for this!"

He paused to look at her.

"Honey, this is the year your life changes, be excited. Something wonderful is waiting ahead, I promise," he kissed her on head and grabbed his bag. He walked out of his room and Felicity followed him down the stairs.

"Charlie knows I'm going away for a bit, if you need anything don't hesistate to go to him."

"Okay... I love you dad."

"I love you to Sweetpea, I'll see you soon."

Her father walked out the door and she sat on the stairs hopeful that he would walk back in but he never did. It seemed like people had a habit of leaving her life.

                                                                 ∂∂∂∂

"There, that should do it," Felicity Shields had said aloud to no one in particular. 

She stood staring at her perfectly made chocolate cake that sat on the kitchen counter. There was no doubt in her mind that it would come out great. If there was one thing she had perfected while living with her family, it was the art of cooking. Of course, it wasn't exactly like you could have her occupation and not perfect the art of measuring.

Felicity had baked a cake for her next door neighbor, Charlie Swan. His daughter was coming to stay in Forks and Charlie was eager to inform her about it. Felicity had taken a liking to the Police Chief. With her dad away in another country, Charlie had become somewhat of a surrogate parent for her. When Charlie had informed her that his daughter would be living with him, he took that as an opportunity for her to have at least one friend in town.

Felicity took off her apron and wiped her hands clean. She had baked a layered cake one half being vanilla, and the other being chocolate. She didn't know much about Isabella Swan, and Charlie wasn't much help either. So a half flavored cake was her best option. She placed the cake on a decorative plate and walked over to the Swan house. It would take twenty minutes before she arrived but she did not mind the journey. It gave her a moment to think and absorb the nature that surrounded her.

Apparently, Felicity wasn't the only one with a visit in mind. Billy and Jacob Black had made an appearance at their residence. Charlie smiled as he noticed Felicity walking on the pavement.

"Felicity! It's good to see you," he yelled, causing everyone to turn and look in her direction. Felicity suddenly felt self concious with all eyes on her but she pushed it aside. One of the many things Felicity loved about herself was being able to push her emotions aside when needed.