always together • richjake

words | 1431
characters | 7708
characters (w/o spaces) | 6212
sentences | 124
paragraphs | 66

This story contains swearing, death, and smoloballo's tears.

"Rumor has it that if you visit a man behind the local Walmart, you can find out when you're going to die."

My body perked up when the familiar voice had said that. My tired eyes looked up at Chloe as she had a mischievous look on her face.

"That's bullshit!" I heard Michael yell from the other side of Jake. I shifted my position from under Jake's arm and held onto him tightly as he started playing with my hair.

"Judging by the look on Chloe's face, I have to agree with Michael," Jeremy said softly.

"Or maybe you guys are just a bunch of pussies." Chloe remarked in a challenging tone.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to check it out tomorrow." Christine shrugged from her spot on the carpet floor. Everyone else reluctantly agreed.

"We're going first thing tomorrow morning then." Chloe mumbled as she turned around from the group and started drifting to sleep.

"Are you okay, Rich? You seemed awfully quiet." I heard Jake's voice sound from over my comfortable position on his lap.

"I'm fine, I just was thinking." My cloudy gaze looked up at his beautiful blue eyes. "What if I was originally destined to die on Halloween?"

"Then, I'm glad I was able to save you."

I blushed at Jake's adorable smile and I nuzzled into his chest. "I love you so much."

"I love you so much too, Rich."

I had thrown on a jacket before sticking a piece of gum in my mouth. I took my phone, sliding it into my back pocket before running downstairs to join the others. Chloe glared at me because I was the last one to get ready.

"You ready dorks?" Brooke said excitedly. Everyone else cheered tiredly as we all went outside, heading for Chloe's minivan. I watched as Jake locked his front door. Once he was done, I took his hand and led him to the car.

I sat in Jake's lap since there wasn't enough seats. He held onto my waist with one arm and played with my hair with the other. I laid onto his chest happily, pecking a soft kiss onto his neck.

"God, you're adorable." I heard Jake say softly. I giggled as the car came to a stop.

All 8 of us exited the car and quietly walked along the side of Walmart. There, a man was sitting next to a dumpster.

Jenna cleared her throat and nervously spoke to the man sitting on the dirty floor. "Are you the man who's able to tell us our," she choked on her words a bit, "fate?"

He looked up and nodded slowly. I inhaled heavily as Chloe stepped up. Jake hugged me tightly when he saw me in distress.

The man grasped her wrist, the girl flinching slightly. He felt her pulse. "November 30th, 2052." His quiet voice sounded.